xi.

"I'm telling you, this dude is hella in his feelings over her," Diane was staring out the kitchen sink window, her vision on the man that was lying on a pink pool floaty while sipping his 3rd beer bottle that day.

"It can't be that bad? He's been singing Prince's HOW COME U DON'T CALL ME ANYMORE for weeks. Weeks, bitch! Now you tell me if it's not that bad," She shook her head while adjusting the phone between her shoulder and ear, washing the dishes. Her eyes would glance up at him every once in a while, then be rolling in annoyance.

Since the entire blowout that happened on the front lawn that day, Algee has been secretly praying that Amani would hit up his line any minute to ask if they could talk things out. He knew he didn't deserve to be with her, especially not after what he had confessed to her at the gentlemen's club. His ego and selfishness got in the way of his life, and it destroyed another girl's happiness.

"I think he doing drugs, too. Lately, I've been noticing that he talks to himself. And I mean, full on having a conversation. Like right now. Nigga in the pool just chatting to the sky about life," Diane shook her head, sighing before turning off the sink water and putting up the plates.

"You think she thinking about me right now?" Algee asked Keith, his sunglasses blocking out the sun while one arm covered his forehead.

"She better not be," Keith was sitting Indian style on by the edge of the pool, hands resting behind him.

"What if she was thinking about killing me?" He turned his head to peek over at the Angel.

"Then I pray that she does it," Keith rolled his eyes, shaking his head before scrunching up his face, hand out like he was holding something. "Shouldn't you be focusing on the baby shower instead of my sister?"

"I can't think of nothing else but her right now,"

"Should've done that when y'all were together," Algee heard that mumbled and shook his head.

"Nah, you think?" He sarcastically remarked back.

A month went by after the blowout with the couple and Algee hasn't heard one word from Amani. Woody tells him that she quit working at the club, and Elijah saying Bryshere hadn't spoken to her since. On the bright side, Elijah texted him earlier saying him and Woody were going to be coming over to help him clear his mind. It was better to be with people he could actually tolerate then his nagging baby momma.

"You know how Jesus walk on water?" Algee tilted his sunglasses down while peeking over at the Angel checking his reflection in the pool water.

"Nah, he won't tell nobody. Dude busts it out every pool party as a trick. It be getting boring. We still act shook, though," Keith caressed his chin while moving his head side to side, sitting back in his position.

"What you think the baby will be? Boy or girl?"

"A snappy turtle," Algee groaned at Keith's childishness as the other male laughed before rolling off the floaty, the splash of water going towards the ghost who jumped up.

"Man watch where you splashing that shit! That water probably got bleach and HIV in it," Keith complained. Algee resurfaced, wiping his face while mugging him.

"Nigaa you ain't even get hit with the water! It went right through you," Algee raised his hand from the water to point out how the splat of water was where he was sitting.