37

Jimin looked up from his bed, peeking up from where he had buried his face in his pillow. He sat up, hugging his knees to his chest and avoiding Yoongi's eyes.

"Look, you don't have to let me down easy, I already know I don't have a chance, I already know you don't like me, so it doesn't matter."

"Jimin, listen," Yoongi approached the boy, stepping up to the bed.

Jimin let his legs fall to the floor, but he still couldn't bear to look up at Yoongi. He was too embarrassed, and too scared to see the disgust that was no doubt spread across his face at the thought of Jimin liking him.

Jimin, who was nothing. And Yoongi, who had been his universe for the past 2 years, the only thing that kept him happy at school, even if it drove him a little crazy sometimes.

"I get it, I'll delete your number."

"Jimin, you're an idiot."

Jimin cringed, folding his shoulders up to his neck. "I know, I'm sorry for causing such an awkward situation for you."

Yoongi gave up on talking, instead leaning down so his face was right in front of Jimin's. He placed his hands on the bed beside Jimin's legs. In theory, it kept Jimin in place, though he was hardly strong enough to keep Jimin there, not if Jimin really wanted to leave.

Jimin temporarily lost his breath, finally staring at Yoongi.

"I don't want to be friends anymore, Jimin."

Jimin's face fell, and he lowered it so that Yoongi couldn't see him tearing up. "Okay, I'll just pretend we never met-"

Jimin normally wasn't fond of being interrupted. However, he was completely fine with it, as Yoongi grabbed his chin, pulling his face up and rendering him speechless.

He recovered, and with a shaky breath, "I'm sorry-"

Yoongi crashed his lips against Jimin's, not knowing how else to portray his feelings.