Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

          May 28, 2016

            Saturday

  LaTrece and  Kalvin were headed home from Carolyn's funeral. The funeral was sad until Reverend Powe preached. He gave everyone a good word.

  "Come on Trece, I haven't seen that beautiful in a week. You know Cee Cee wouldn't want to see you like this. She's in a much better place now and she's lookin' down on you. She's still here in spirit." Kalvin said.

  LaTrece felt a cool breeze through her entire body. She knew it was Carolyn. She knew Kalvin was right. She smiled to herself.

  "This my shit!" Kalvin turned up the radio.

  Drunk in love by Beyonce and Jay Z played through the speakers.

  "We be all night! Loooove. Loooove. We be all night." Kalvin danced and sung along with the song.

  LaTrece laughed loudly.

  "There go that smile." Kalvin smiled.

   "Kalvin you are crazy." LaTrece laughed.

   "That's my song forreal. I had to do something to make you smile baby. Hope you feeling better."

   "I'm feeling much better. Thank you for being here for me."

   "It's my job Treci pooh. Imma always be here."

  "When me and Katie went out for pizza last week, she told me you had a surprise for me. But she wouldn't tell me for nothing in the world. What is it?" LaTrece asked.

   "Oh yeah, we were supposed to go out Monday but I postponed it because of the incident. Would you like to go tonight?" Kalvin asked.

  "Yes I would." she smiled. LaTrece was anxious to find out what the surprise was.

  Kalvin dropped LaTrece off.

  "Where are you going?" LaTrece asked.

  "Don't worry about all that. You just be ready by 8 tonight. I have to go do a couple of things for tonight. Make sure you lock up the house. Do NOT answer the door." Kalvin said.

  LaTrece smiled. "Okay. See you tonight." she closed the door and put the code in.

  She went upstairs and laid down and began to watch lifetime. After 1 movie and a half. She fell asleep.

  One she woke up, it was 6 30. She got up and brushed her teeth and took a shower. She put on a short white dress that showed off all of her curves, her nice figure, and plumped butt. She flat ironed her hair, which took 30 minutes. She threw on her black wedges. It was 8 15 then.

  LaTrece's phone rung. It's Kalvin. She smiled.

  *Phone Conversation*

  LaTrece : Hello

  Kalvin ; Are you ready queen Trece?

  LaTrece :Yes I am king Kalvin.

    Kalvin: I'm downstairs

  LaTrece : I'll be right down

*End of phone coversa. *

  LaTrece grabbed her purse and went downstairs. She put the code in and opened the door.

  There was a red carpet laid out for her. Kalvin was leaning against a white limousine waiting for her. He had on a white Ralph Lauren button down shirt, gray pants, and white Ralph Lauren slide on shoes.

  "Don't you look nice." LaTrece kissed him.

  "And you look beautiful." Kalvin opened the door for her.

  LaTrece got in and Kalvin got in after her. The driver took off.

"Can you tell me where we're going now?" LaTrece asked.

   "Nope." Kalvin smiled.

  It was thirty minutes before they reached their destination. They pulled up to a big white building. The driver got out and opened the door for them.

  "What is this?" LaTrece asked.

  "Dinner." Kalvin took LaTrece's hand.

   They went inside. There were rose petal on the floor. There was a a table in the middle of the floor. Soft R&B music played in the background. The lights were dim and candles were lit on the table.

  "Wow! This is beautiful Kalvin. All this for me?" LaTrece looked at him.

  "Yes. You deserve nothing but the best."Kalvin smiled.

  They sat down. LaTrece couldn't help but to smile. She needed this.

  "How may I help you two tonight?" the waitress asked.

  "Two rib specials and two Dr peppers please." Kalvin said.

   "I'll be back shortly." he walked away.

  "You rented this out?" LaTrece asked.

  "Yeah, for a couple of hours." Kalvin said.

  "You didn't have to do all this babe."

  "But I did. Tonight has to be perfect."

  LaTrece smiled at him.

  The waitress came back with their food and drinks. They began to eat. They talked and laughed the night away.

  "You are so fuckin' beautiful." Kalvin said.

  LaTrece blushed. "Thank you."

  Kalvin stood up and got on one knee. He pulled a small, black box from his pocket. LaTrece gasped when she saw the 3 carrot diamond ring.

  "LaTrece we've known each other for half of a year now. I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. I'd be a fool not to marry. You've made me a better person. I'm in the streets right now but Imma give all that up soon. You're my everything. God made you just for me. Imma give you the world , I promise. I love you. Will you marry me Trece?"

  Tears welled up in LaTrece's eyes.

  "Of course I'll marry you baby. Yes!" LaTrece hugged him. "You make my life complete."

  "Mines too. As good as you look on that dress. I'm just about ready to tear it off."

   "Let's go."

  Kalvin left the waitress a HUGE tip.

   The driver took them to the nearest nearest hotel. Kalvin paid for a suite.

   They didn't waste any time getting out if their clothes. They went from the counter, to the floor, to couch, to the bed. LaTrece screamed Kalvin's name so loud. He wouldn't be surprised if the whole hall heard it.

   Awww they're perfect for each other!

  Kalvin helped her get through it.

   They cut up in that suite baby!

  More drama coming...

The part where the dying and getting shot part.

   Can I get some votes and comments pweease