Chapter fifteen

Chapter FIFTEEN

            July 2, 2016
              Saturday

   It's been exactly a month since Kalvin told LaTrece that he cheated. Exactly a month since LaTrece found out that she was pregnant with triplets. Yes triplets! She's 2 months now, and she's already getting pretty big.

   Kalvin was headed over to his momma's house to pick up some food for Trece.

  "Hey momma." Kalvin hugged Katherine.

   Katherine slapped Kalvin, hard.

   "What the... what was that for ma?" he rubbed his face.

  "Boy don't play

Yesterday, Trece told me that a month ago you cheated on her. What the hell is wrong with you boy? You tryna loose the best thing that's ever happened to you? Are ya sick in the head? Or plain stupid? Trece really loves you and she's hurt. The only reason she is staying is because she loves you and believes in you. Why would you cheat on wifey  material with a slouchy ho? "

   "I wasn't thinking ma. I fucked up bad. I been trying ma." Kalvin said.

  "Try harder! Don't be like ya daddy son. Please. Fix it right NOW!  TODAY! And don't talk to me until you do." Katherine handed Kalvin LaTrece's food and told him to get out.

   Kalvin had to think of something to get LaTrece's heart back. Something special.

   Kalvin dropped LaTrece's food off and headed to a nice bar to make reservations. He hoped it work . He went to make other plans too.

  After he made all the plans, he went back home. 

   "Trece can you put something nice on?" Kalvin asked.

   She rolled her eyes and went upstairs to put something on.

  Kalvin went into the guest room and got dressed. He put on some black slacks, a red button down shirt, and red Ralph Lauren slide ons.

   An hour later, LaTrece came back downstairs with black pants on, a red blouse, and red sandals.

   "You tryna be like me huh?" Kalvin smiled.

   LaTrece smiled back. First time she smiled at him in a whole month.

  They left and headed to the bar. LaTrece ordered a steak and lemonade. Kalvin ordered beef.

  They ate in silence.

  "I wanna call this guy Kalvin to the stage to give his solo. Dedicated to Queen LaTrece." an African guy said through the microphone.

   LaTrece look up, confused, as Kalvin made his way to the stage.

  Kalvin grabbed the microphone. "I just want to dedicate this song to the love of my life, LaTrece."

  A beat dropped in the background as Kalvin began to sing.

   I was stupid, really stupid

  Something told me deep inside
  Better not do it

  What a dummy such a dummy 

  To let some mess I shouldna did take you from me