Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
          May 29, 2016
               Sunday

   After a perfect night of a purposal and sweet love making, LaTrece and Kalvin went to church. It was Kalvin's first time in 10 years going. He needed to hear the word.

  They picked Katie up and headed to Katherine's house for dinner. Alasha and Terrilyn was already there, including their boyfriend's, Tim and Harold.

   Tim are Harold are brothers. Tim is light skinned and Harold is dark skinned . Both of them are tall and have brown eyes.

  "Hey gannie." Katie hugged Katherine.

   "Hey my sugar." Katherine kissed her. "How you doin'?"

   "Good. Can I go pway?"

  "Go head."

   Katie ran into her play room down the hall.

   "Momma you need any help?"

  "I got it baby." Katherine smiled. " Kalvin told me he purposed."

   "He did?"

   "Yes, we all knew! Congratulations." Alasha said.

  "It's about about time he found a decent girl. Them ho's-" Terrilyn paused.

   "Watch ya mouth girl. But Trece I'm happy to have you as a soon to be daughter-in-law. You're changing my soon. He ain't been to church in 10 years. You must be something  special." Katherine said.

  Katherine is about 5'7 and light skinned with a mixture of honey blonde and black curly hair. She's only 44

   "Ma, don't be telling my bidness." Kalvin said.

   "Hush boy and go sit down some where."

  Kalvin and LaTrece went and sat down on the couch.

  "Tim, be a sweetheart and go buy me some sugar." Katherine said.

  "I sure will miss beautiful." Tim said.

  Him and Alasha left.

  "So, how's life treating ya Kalvin?" Harold asked.

   "It's been great man. As you can see. " Kalvin smiled at LaTrece.

  "I see. I see. You see. them Miami Heats last night?"

   "I saw it this morning. LeBron be acting a fool."

  "Momma can I go lay down. I don't feel like hearing these fools talk about basketball." Terrilyn said.

   "Go head honey."

   Her and LaTrece went into Katherine's room and laid down. Terrilyn turned on the TV and flipped the channel to LMN.  

  "Girl you know just what to put on." LaTrece said.  

   "Thank you Trece." Terrilyn smiled.

   "For what?"

   "Changing Kalvin's life around. He been talkin' bout letting go of the drug business and everything."

   LaTrece smiled. She WS happy she was changing Kalvin's life around. "When did he start dealing?"

   "Right out of high school. He always talked about becoming a doctor but I guess things changed. I know you can talk him into going to college. He's very smart."