Chapter Twenty Three

           Dec.28 , 2016
             Wednesday

   *5 months later*

     LaTrece has gotten so big, she's now 9 months pregnant. She could go into labor at any time. Lamar is still in a comma. Valerie had her baby a month ago, his name is Lamar Terrell Long Jr. Kalvin had quit the game and gone  to college to become a doctor.  LaTrece was proud, so was Katherine.

   "Lord, I'm about to pass out." LaTrece said as she walked with her hands on her back.

   Katherine and Gina had just picked LaTrece up from school. They were walking around in the mall.

  "You'll be okay." Gina said.

  "You're too cute. Stop. Let me take a picture." Katherine said.

   LaTrece stopped and smiled for the camera. 

  "Hey sir, could you take a picture of us." Gina asked a random white guy.

   "Sure will." he said. Katherine handed him her phone.

   Katherine and Gina stood beside LaTrece. They all smiled. The guy snapped three pictures. One was of them doing the duck face.

   "Beautiful ladies." he gave Katherine her phone back.

  "Thank you." Gina said.

  "May I ask your name?"

  "It's Gina."

  "Well, Gina, my name is Tom. I would like to take you out sometimes. Is that okay with you?"

  Gina blushed. "Yes."

  "Can I have your number?" Tom asked.

  Gina gave him,  her number and he put it in his phone.

   "I'll be calling you soon." Tom kissed Gina's hand and walked away.

  "Gina got her groove back, with a White man." Katherine said.

  LaTrece laughed. " Awe look at you momma, blushing!"

   Gina blushed. "Hush."

    LaTrece's phone rung in her purse. She took it out and looked at it. It was LaQuincy.

   "Hello." LaTrece answered.

   "Sis, you need to get her now. Lamar just woke up." LaQuincy said.

  LaTrece's heart started to best faster as tears rolled down her cheeks. She couldn't believe it. She hung up and called Valerie.

  "Hello." Valerie answered.

  "Val, Lamar is woke!" LaTrece said with excitement.

  "Oh my gosh, are you serious?"

  "Yes, I'll meet you there." LaTrece hung up.

   "Lamar woke up?" Gina smiled.

  "Yes. We need to go."

   They left immediately and headed to the hospital. Valerie, Lamar Jr., LaQuincy, Reggie, and Brad were already there. Lamar was already up, walking and everything.

  "LAMAR!" LaTrece ran over to Lamar and hugged him.

  Lamar hugged LaTrece back with her stomach in the way.