Chapter 3 - His Evil Ways

*Patricia's POV*

My head aches as I thought of ways on how to complete the one hundred blueberry cheesecake order of Stuart. Even when Miss Marjorie explained to him that his order is impossible due to the capacity of our chiller in bakery, he still insisted and even warned my supervisor that if I failed to complete the task, I will lose my job. I can't lose my job because it is very difficult to find a job nowadays besides, I still need to pay my obligations in the bank by the end of this month. If I lose my job, I will lose everything.

"I am sorry Patricia," Miss Marjorie sadly approached me, "I did what I can do and even thought of assigning an assistant who can help you complete the task but the CEO demanded that he wants you to complete the task alone."

I don't know if I will consider this a compliment or not. Compliment because knowing that he wanted me to bake all the cheesecakes by myself could mean that he likes the taste of my recipe; however, it may not be the case. He may have thought of making things hard for me because he did not like my presence in his company. If it was just easy to get another job, I would not wait for him to fire me. I heaved a sigh and just nodded before I headed to the stock room. I needed to check if I have enough supplies to create one hundred pieces of blueberry cheesecakes.

While preparing the ingredients, I thought of ways to finish the task. I smiled thinking that if I start now, I would be able to complete the orders. This task will not make me quit my job.

"I'm sorry, Stuart," I told myself with determination, "you can't make me quit my job because I am going to face all your challenges and I am going to prove to you my worth!"

I decided to create blueberry cheesecakes by batch. I thought that while the first batch are being set in the chiller, I could start working with the second batch. As soon as I am ready with the second batch, the first batch will be ready enough to be transported to the nearby branches where it can be further chilled. This way, I do not need to worry about the capacity of our chiller in the branch because I can make use of the other chillers in the other branches. I was lucky that my supervisors are very supportive enough to reserve every available chiller needed for me to complete my task. Cool right? I smiled at the thought that I'll be able to get through this challenge. I knew Stuart is just trying to make things hard for me but I am not backing out.

"He wants war?" I smirked, " I'll give him war!"

_______________________

"Hey Patricia," Rea called, "aren't you going to take a break? It's already three in the afternoon yet you have not taken your lunch."

"I am okay," I replied, "I need to finish the third batch so I can catch up with the delivery truck and have the second batch of cheesecakes in the chiller delivered to the nearest branch."

The truth is I am already hungry but I there is nothing I could do. Besides the fact that I need to finish assembling all the orders today because these type of cakes need to be in the chiller for at least a day before they can be sold, I also don't have enough money to buy lunch. I needed to budget the remaining cash I have in order to survive for the rest of the week. I sighed again at the thought that I am now hoping that there would pastries that would be declared as TA or throwaway so I will have something to eat later. Throwaways of the bakery are still edible and not yet spoiled. The bakery just wanted to sell goods with high quality so if the product is no longer soft or has lost its quality of being considered freshly cooked, the quality assurance manager will declare it as throwaway and were given to employees as free snacks.

I was in the middle of finishing the third batch of blueberry cheesecakes when the delivery truck driver entered the kitchen and returned the ten layers of blueberry cheesecakes which I asked him to deliver to the other branch.