Chapter 17 - May the Best Man Win

*Patricia's POV*

"Ma'am," I heard one of the dining crew called my attention, "someone's looking for you."

I turned to check who he was talking about and I immediately saw Kaz. Filled with excitement, I ran towards him and gave him a hug.

"Is that how much you missed me?" he jokingly uttered.

"Hey," I lightly tugged the tip of his shirt, "I am sorry I was not able to come to our schedule last night."

"That's okay," he smiled sweetly, "let's just have lunch together."

"I-I can't," I nervously bowed down my head, "Stuart has instructed me to supervise the preparation of his lunch meeting today."

"You are too pretty to supervise his lunch date," he sounded disappointed as he looked at the set-up of the meeting. I can't blame him if he thought I was preparing for a lunch date because the way Stuart instructed everything to be prepared really looked like it was prepared for a romantic date.

"I will make it up to you tonight," I promised him.

"I will expect that," he smiled for a while and then uttered these lines, "since you will not be joining me for lunch today, can I ask for an eskimo kiss?"

He didn't wait for me to answer his question. He moved closer, held my cheeks and slowly lowered his head for his nose to touch mine. It was a light touch but I could feel that there is more to it than just a mere touching of our nose. I just hope I am wrong. I do not want to hurt Kaz.

"I'll pick you up later, okay?" he said while his forehead still touching mine.

"Alright," I said as I gently pushed him away because I no longer feel comfortable with his gestures.

Kaz is handsome and it is not impossible for me to fall for him but he is Stuart's friend. I do not want to be like a basketball in which friends just around besides. If I have to find someone who will help me get over Stuart, it will never be Kaz.

*Kaz's POV*

I came to confront Patricia because she failed to see me during the private show last night but all my anger melted when she greeted me with a sweet smile and a warm hug. Instead of getting mad, I decided to invite her over for lunch but she told me that Stuart assigned her to oversee his lunch meeting. But I am not dumb not to realize that Stuart is doing something to keep Patricia away from me.

I was about to say my goodbye when I saw Stuart coming our way. I wanted to get even with him so I decided to request for an eskimo kiss from Patricia. I intentionally tried to make it look like Patricia and I were sharing a passionate kiss because that is what I want Stuart to think.

If Stuart wants to challenge me, I am not backing out. He already had his chance with Patricia before but he wasted it. I am not going to let him get another chance so easily.

"I'll pick you up later, okay?" I said .

"Alright."

I was hurt when I felt the gently push of Patricia. I know that she still loves Stuart but that won't stop me.

'I have just started, Patricia,' I thought, 'I will make you love me.'

______________________________

I spent my whole afternoon planning and preparing for a romantic dinner with Patricia. I want our date to be better than the one that Stuart prepared. I was glad I checked on her this lunch, that way, I was able to see how Stuart prepared, thus gave me an idea about what is lacking in his plans.