Chapter 9 - What Happened Then: The Awakening of the Temptress

*Patricia's POV – the flashback*

I met with my friends last week and admitted to them about the real status of my marriage with Stuart. They were surprised to know that after six months, Stuart and I has never consummated our wedding.

"You know what," I remembered Janine commented, "I have read similar situations like yours in Wattpad so don't worry, all of them have happy ending."

"Janine," I rolled my eyes, "my life is not a wattpad story."

"But you can get lessons from wattpad," she insisted.

"Fine," I said, "then what advice can I get from wattpad in order to make Stuart love me?"

"Seduce him to bed and make sure you get pregnant," she immediately answered.

"What?!" both Arlene and I exclaimed.

"Believe me, most of the women in that situation ended up happily together," Janine declared, "once Stuart tasted heaven with you, he'll surely want more."

"That's insane," I blurted.

"It is the only way, Patricia," Janine excitingly exclaimed, "you're married to him so technically, you have every right to seduce him. Besides, I know you've been dying to experience heaven with Stuart."

"Okay," I said defeatingly, "but I have been seducing Stuart every morning. I wore sexy lingerie during breakfast yet nothing happens."

"Well maybe the timing is wrong," Janine said, "he could be stopping himself because he needed to be in the office. Why don't you do it at night?"

"We don't share a bedroom," I sighed.

"Then make sure you are in his room before he goes home," Janine suggested, "and do something that he can never resist."

And that was the reason why I showed up naked in front of Stuart last night.

Stuart and I have been married for six months yet I continue to be his wife only on papers and in the eyes of those who knew that we are married. For the past six months, he never threw a glance on me or even tried to talk to me. I also did not bother to open up about our first fight as married couple but one time, he went to my room while pretended that I am asleep.

"I am really sorry," I heard him say. It instantly melted my heart and awakened my hopes that one day, Stuart will be able to learn to love me. Maybe I just need to be more patient about it.

The truth is, I still think about what happened to him on the night of our wedding. He told me he was with a woman so I can't help but wonder who this is. I want to know what makes her so special that Stuart can never notice me no matter how hard I try. For days I hired a private investigator to investigate about Stuart's whereabouts but the investigator got nothing. I was told that Stuart only goes to his office, sometimes in Mago's bar but most of the time, he goes straight home after work. There was no indication that he is cheating on me. His phone calls were traced but there was no suspicious calls. He was not even close to any female employee in his company and even when he goes out with his friends, he always shun the women off.

Sometimes I wonder if Stuart was telling me the truth. Was he really with a woman that night? If the answer is no, then why would he lie to me? Was he gay? I could not help but think of him that way when he turned me down after I showed myself naked in front of him. I felt so desperate that I decided to do some drastic measures. Seducing Stuart is the first thing that came to mind. I wore sexy lingerie every morning while having breakfast because it is difficult to seduce him at night, not only because I comes home late at night, we also sleep on separate bedrooms.