Chapter - What Happened Then: The Arrangement

*3rd POV*

Patricia knew that whatever she'll will never affect Stuart. Even if she'll announce to the crowd that she's singing a song for Stuart, it will still not matter. He never cared about her. She sighed as she remembered the past.

Just like Patricia, Stuart also recalled their past. He can't agree that he is the reason why Patricia's smile changed. He wanted to remind himself that it was not his fault. His agreement with Patricia was very clear and whatever made it wrong, it because Patricia crossed the line of their first agreement.

*Patricia's POV – the flashback*

One thing about being rich is that after graduation, we do not need to worry being hired. We have our own company to fall back to. While Stuart is starting to learn how to handle their family business, I decided to put up my own online business. It was not that difficult since I was able to get clients from my dad's friends. Besides being a stress-free job, I also have enough time to work on my top priority for this month and that is to make Stuart love me.

Call it desperate but it is really my top priority this month. He gave me one month to make him love me so I cannot waste this chance. I showered him with my attention, gave him surprise office visits and even if he responded rudely, I gave him my sweetest smile. He actually hated my surprises, things that I find romantic on youtube but I did not mind his insults. What matter is I got his attention. I actually hoped that when the month is over, he'll miss me and everything that I did.

The truth is I did not stalking him. In fact, I become more vigilant because of the kind of relationship we had. I actually do not know how to call this because he said we will date steadily but not exclusively for a month. It is for this reason that I stalk him. I wanted to know who else he is dating besides me. One thing I am sure, he did not date anyone else but what I am afraid to know is how he now felt for me especially that our one-month agreement is almost over.

One time, out of desperation, I decided to seduce him. We almost did it but we were interrupted when my parents came to visit me in my apartment. It was one of the most embarrassing thing that happened to me but it turned out to be something good. After I introduced him as my boyfriend, which he could not deny because we were found half-naked in my room, my dad hired an investigator to do a background check on my boyfriend. It was through it that he found his long lost best friend. I did not knew about it until one memorable night happened.

"There she is," my dad happily exclaimed as he approached me with a hug while my mother followed and kissed me on the cheeks. I thought we were just having a simple dinner but I wondered why we have to do it in an exclusive function room of a very expensive restaurant.

"Dad?" I threw my dad a questioning look which he instantly understood.

"Patricia, meet Sean. I bet you haven't met him yet," my dad said.

I smiled at the guest and shook his hand. There is something about the guest which I could not tell. He is as old as my dad but he still has charms.

"Sean is my childhood best friend, we just these past days and I found out he has a son," my dad continued speaking.

I don't know why it made me feel nervous but I have a feeling that this dinner is about something else. Before I could start to walk away, my father's best friend spoke, "I LIKE YOU FOR MY SON."

His words echoed to my ears. What was he talking about? He liked me for his son? What was I, a toy that he could just give to his son as a present? Is this one of those cliché arranged marriages that I read in novels? NO WAY! I do not want to be bound in a loveless marriage. I would rather endure being married to Stuart even if he'll treat me wrongly than to be married to someone whom I do not know.