Chapter 5 - Somebody That I Used To Know

* Stuart's POV *

I was standing near the Marco's mini bar when I heard someone's coming. I thought it was Mago so I decided to glance at the entrance but I did not expect to meet her eyes. It was just a brief exchange of glances because she immediately turned away and headed to the kitchen.

"Wait, am I imagining things or did I just saw Patricia avoided your stare?" I heard Kaz who apparently wanted to annoy me.

"Tsk," I decided not to bother and instead sip some wine.

"Come on! Do you really have to treat her that way?" Kaz leaned on the counter, "by the looks of it, it shows that neither of you has moved on."

"Our break up was clear to me," I firmly replied, "I don't know about her. She still continued to follow me around."

"She still follows you around?" he inquired.

I did not answer and that gave him the message that I am not interested with our topic. Kaz has decided to speak with Angelo while I continued to drink my wine. I saw from the corner of my eyes that she went to talk with her friends. There is something different about her. Something that I could not tell. I can't seem to decide whether it is how she smiled or how she wear her hair. There seem to be something that is lacking about her. Something that I used to see in her that I could not find now.

I tried not to bother and have decided to join the conversation of my friends but my eyes were seemed drawn to her. I can't help but notice how different she looked now. She was so – Simple – as if she is not Patricia. Patricia was a queen bee, a constant head turner in parties and was always keen about what she wears and how she looks. D*mn! Why did I even bother to think about it? I should not be looking at her. She should not be in my thoughts now.

After a few talks with Kaz and Angelo, we were invited to gather at the garden where the dinner was set. I saw her at the next table with Arlene and the siblings of Marco and Janine. I don't know why I chose to sit on the side where I could freely see her. I am certain that I am not attracted to her but I think I was just curious about the kind of smile she is wearing. Was it part of her act to catch my attention? I hope not because if it is, it is so d*mn effective!

"Good evening everyone," I heard Jannah greeted the guests, "we are now gathered here to celebrate the second wedding anniversary of my dear sister and her husband, Janine and Marco. Since this is an exclusive gathering, we have not prepared a very formal program. As you can see, we have set up a mini bar in front. With this, we are challenging all the guests to render a song in order to entertain everyone."

Mago was the first to sing and he was followed by Arlene. It was funny thought that they seemed to communicate their thoughts through their songs but I was not drawn to what is happening in the party. I took a sip of wine and unintentionally checked on Patricia. I don't know why it bothered me when I saw her wear a blunt emotion while watching the performers on stage.

"Oh my!" I heard Jannah excitingly exclaimed, "the next performer is no other than Kaz Legaspi."

I am not quite sure about how popular my friend is but by how his presence made most of the female guests giddy, I guess he is really very famous. Kaz stood but instead of going straight to the mini-stage, he passed by the next table and pulled Patricia with him.

"It seems boring to perform alone so I decided to bring a friend with me so we can sing together," Kaz jokingly remarked, "and since I forced her to sing with me, I am going to let Patricia choose a song which we will dedicate to a good friend of mine."

I know Kaz was just trying to annoy me so I decided not to give him satisfaction. I wore a poker face as I watched Patricia run her fingers through the list of songs. It did not take long for her to make a choice. She entered the number of the song and its title was flashed to everyone, "Somebody that I used to know," by Gotye.