Chapter 15 - The Game They Played

*Kaz's POV*

I got worried when I learned that Patricia and Stuart are still out of town until now. They were still together and Stuart is doing things to make sure that Patricia cannot attend our evening rendezvous. I learned that the car nap incident was just fabricated by Stuart and that he intended to prolong their stay in the hotel because he bought tickets for the pre-valentine dinner for a cause held in the hotel where they are staying.

I know I have no right to be jealous and I have no reason to battle with Stuart but d@mn! Stuart hurt Patricia and he cannot just show up date Patricia anytime he wanted to. I won't make things easy for him. If he wanted Patricia back in his life, he has to work for it.

"Roger," I called my manager, "what happened to the invitation for me to sing in a certain pre-valentine dinner at a nearby town?"

"I declined it because you said you won't be available," my manager answered.

"Call them again," I instructed, "tell them to include me in their program as their surprise guest."

I did not waste time and started preparing. I do not know what Stuart is up to but whatever it is, I am going to make sure he is not going to hurt Patricia again. He won't get what he wants easily. The pains he caused Patricia was just too much, he will have to suffer first before he'll be able to get Patricia back.

_______________________

The program was already halfway through when I arrived the venue. The event organizers happily met me at the entrance because they were all thankful that I heed their request. As expected, the venue was filled with romantic mood and it was a perfect place to date. Since I came by surprise, the paparazzi's and the media were not in area. This mean that I won't need to worry about doing something stupid tonight.

I saw Stuart and Patricia seated in the VIP area. Until now, Stuart still do not know how to be sweet to Patricia. He was just sitting next to her while watching the local band play a romantic song. He wasted the opportunity to make it right with Patricia. Patricia looked both angelic and a vixen in her long red dress with her messy fishtail braid.

Excitement filled the area when the emcee announced my surprise guesting. I know Stuart did not expect me to be here so I threw him a naughty grin as I approached the mic stand. Like I said, I will not make it easy for him and I will make sure that I will make him feel sorry tonight.

I held the mic with my two hands and closed my eyes as I started singing. Girls go crazy whenever I do this but I only want to impress one girl tonight. I opened my eyes and fixed my stare towards Patricia. I noticed Stuart squint at me and that gave me more courage to do my next my plan. I took the mic from its stand and walked my way towards Patricia. Patricia tensed when she noticed that I am going towards her. That was how I knew that she acknowledged my presence. She sighed when I held my hand on her.

'Please hold my hand,' I secretly wished.

Patricia did not let me down. She took my hand and I gently pulled her towards the stage. I know this is something awkward for Patricia so I let her face the audience while I stood at her back. I continued to sing as Patricia swayed with me while I wrap one arm around her waist.

'Patricia is mine tonight, Stuart,' I gave Stuart a triumphant look before ending my song. I returned the mic to its stand and pulled Patricia out of the venue, ' Sorry Stuart, I just came to get my date.'

*Stuart's POV *

Kaz may have succeeded in taking Patricia away from me last night but I have just started. I made sure that he will not be able to do it again today. Aside from he had a scheduled concert tonight, I also made sure that the venue for our company outing will be somewhere very far from where Kaz will be having a concert. I ordered that the Blue Plate will be closed for two days in order for all its employees to join the two-day all-expenses paid out of town getaway. I intended to do this because I do not want Patricia to make excuses.