Chapter 12 - The Hitchhiker

*Stuart's POV*

The people in the party continued to have fun singing. While Angelo stood to go to the mini-stage because he is the next to sing, Kaz and Patricia returned to their respective seats. This happened while Mago handed me a glass of wine. I took the glass and drank its contents while I used it as an opportunity to get a glimpse of Patricia.

"Don't stop yourself, Bro," Kaz tapped my shoulders, "stop secretly watching her. Why don't you just go and talk to her."

I squinted at him as I placed my glass on the table.

"Hey be honest to me," he placed elbows on the table and clasped his hands, "who is Patricia to you?"

"She's my ex-wife," I immediately answered.

"Really?" he smirked, "Because the way I see it, you are into her. I mean don't make a fool of yourself, man. You love her, your brain just don't want to admit it before because you think you were in-love with Sandra."

"Tsk, that sounds corny," I chuckled, "is that what you get for being in show business?"

"Nah – but kidding aside, bro," he side while taking a bottle of beer, "you obviously do not have a chance with Sandra, aren't you going to try your luck with Patricia?"

"That will never happen," I poured wine in my glass, "after what Sandra did to me, I do not want to be related to her or to any of her relatives."

"Last question," Kaz said after a gulp of beer, "do you really want to stay away from Patricia?"

"I won't think of ways to get rid of her if I wanted to be near her," I shrugged.

"Do you want me to take Patricia away from you?" Kaz asked.

"Can you do it?" I challenged him.

"What will be my prize if I succeed," he naughtily smiled at me.

"Name it!"

"Double date," he immediately replied, "I'll take my date with me while you take your date with you on a holiday and you pay all the expenses."

I didn't expect his condition.

"Why are you silent? Are you afraid to lose Patricia?" he grinned.

"Of course not," I gestured to loosen my tie, "try to succeed within a month and if you do, you'll get what you want."

"Cool!" Kaz drank the remaining contents of the bottle.

"So when do you plan to start?" I asked.

"Now," he said and stood.

I watched him head to where Jannah is seated. He whispered something to her and he got a nod from the lady. Jannah then headed to the mini stage after Angelo finished his song.

"Kaz would like to sing again," Jannah announced and the crowd cheered.

I expected Kaz to sing for Patricia and expected him to drag her to the mini stage. Everyone were confused with Kaz's gesture but since Patricia played along, they started to get used to it. I thought Kaz will return Patricia to her seat after his song but I did not expect him to drag her out of the party. Out of shock, I found myself standing but because I do not want the people to think that what happened affected me, I decided to go to the restroom.

*Patricia's POV *

I did not expect Kaz would drag me out of the party after his song. I don't know what he was thinking but I allowed myself to go with him because I felt uneasy with the presence of Stuart.