Chapter 19 - The Broken Hearted People

*Patricia's POV*

Stuart gave me a ride towards the hotel despite my hesitations. This made me think that maybe I was just imagining things. That maybe I just thought that he love me but he was just actually playing along with the game that he and Kaz agreed upon. I could not sense any sign of jealousy from he. He was even smiling when he opened the car door for me.

'Stuart,' I sadly noted to myself, 'what are you doing to me? If you are just playing games, why am I so willing to be your toy?'

I went straight to the hotel without looking at him when I stepped out of his car. I do not want to see his smile because it would remind me of how defeated I am. He allowed me to kiss me many times but we have not talked about it. His kiss felt good on my lips and strips of guilt hit me every time our lips parted. He was like a monster devouring me and I am his willing victim.

"Miss Sandoval?" the bellboy came to me, "somebody asked me to give you this. I was instructed to tell you that you should keep the note that comes with it."

He gave me a white long-stemmed rose with a note. The note is similar to the previous notes I received before. I could not help but think that may the note came with a secret message. Each note contains different watermarks which were I, O, E, L, T and ?, while each watermarked notes have printed numbers 1, 3, 5, 12, 25 and 29 respectively.

"Hurry up, Patricia," I was brought back to my senses when Tom called, "you need to get in the room fast. Your customer has been waiting for you for almost an hour."

"What?" I asked confusingly, "but I am not late."

"He came earlier," Tom explained, "I heard that he was trying to lose the paparazzi before coming here. I didn't know your customer is that famous."

Tom is not fond of show business so it does not surprise me that he didn't recognized Kaz. I didn't bother to answer him because I hurriedly went to the suite but as soon as the door opened, Kaz greeted me with a hug.

The hug actually felt awkward so I had to joke about it in order to ease the uncomfortable feeling I have, "Is that how much you missed me?"

"If only I can place you in my pocket, I would," he answered which added to the uneasy feeling I felt around him so I decided to walk ahead.

"I love you," he hugged me from my back and kissed my hair.

"K-kaz," I do not know what to say.

"Just let me feel you close to me," he blurted, "because I know that this won't last long."

"Kaz, I do not want to hurt you."

"I can endure the pain, Patricia," he interrupted what I am about to say, "I know that you still love him and that I can never replace him in your heart, but let me dwell in this love I have for you," I felt him sighed before he continued, "even for just a week. Let me feel how it is be this close to you and I promise that I won't expect anything from you after this week ends."

I did not answer. I could not. But I let him hug me tightly. Kaz is a good friend and if I can only teach my heart to love him instead, I'd probably would. But I have a very stubborn heart that even how many times Stuart would hurt it, I would still and would always choose to love Stuart.

'Stuart,' I whispered in my thoughts, 'my heart is like a broken mirror which only reflects you no matter how many pieces it has become.'

*Stuart's POV*

I do not how long I have been blankly staring at the wine in my glass because my real concern is towards Patricia and what she is doing with Kaz inside the room. I actually wanted to stop her from going but I do not want to ruin the good mood we had for each other so I decided to just hide what I really felt about her job with Kaz.