Chapter Four

It was mid-afternoon and Zack and I decided to hit up the community pool.  He was so eager because he wanted to meet some cute guys and even asked me to be his wingwoman.

"What the heck is a wingwoman?". I frowned.

"Someone who helps me reel in a cute guy". He smirked.

"Zack I can't even get a guy to go out with me so how am I supposed to help you?". I furrowed my eyebrows.

"True, true. I guess I can just live the single life for now". His smile deflated.

"And how would you even know if a guy who is gay is at the pool?". I put my hands on my hips.

"Trust me Hon, I'll know". He winked.

"Whatever". I rolled my eyes.

We made it to the pool and Zack's eyes grew wide.

"Its daddy central around here". He smirked sticking his tongue out.

I slapped his arm.

"Shutup!". I hissed at him.

"What I'm just saying. Nothing wrong with a little scouting". He smirked flirtatiously at the life guard.

"Zack if your gonna be weird we can go back to my house". I stared at him.

"Um-No! I've been dying to try out my new sun tan lotion!". He snatched it out of the bag excitedly.

"Well as you can see I don't have those problems". I smiled gesturing to my body.

"Whatever". He rolled his eyes.

We pushed two lounging chairs together and let the sun bathing begin.

I had ear buds in my ear and Zack was tapping me, right in the middle of my favorite song too.

"What!". I hissed take both ear buds out.

He pointed at someone and I turned to see Riley.

"What do you want?". I frowned through my sunglasses.

"I'm here now. The restraining order says you can't be within a hundred feet within me. So....LEAVE!". She spat.

I rolled my eyes.

"Actually it says we can't be within a hundred feet of each other. So I won't be the one leaving you and your friends will be leaving". I snarled back.

Before I knew it she had took my glasses off my face and threw them in the pool. I quickly scanned for something of hers to throw. I snatched her prissy pink phone and chucked it in the pool. It made a splashing sound and sunk. And with not another word said as she gawked at her pool bottom phone, Zack and I left.

"Who the hell was that?". Zack asked catching up to me.

"My evil cousin Riley". I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Well is she the reason why you're suspended?". He pressed.

"Yep". I answered.

We walked in a comfortable silence back to my house. Mom was already home.

"Hey you two". She greeted as we entered the kitchen.

"Hi Ms. Paisley". Zack smiled.

"Do you two want some snacks or anything?". Mom smiled.

"No, Zack was just leaving because we need to talk". I politely pushed Zack toward the door.

"Um-Ok see you tomorrow then". Zack looked at me sideways.