Chapter Five

Monday came quick. My suspension was up and I'd have to go talk to the guidance counselor Mrs. Morter. I showered and got dressed. Going downstairs there was no breakfast waiting on me. Probably because Mom has been working so late these past few nights. I grabbed two pop tart packets and  went out the door.

"Hey eye part". Zack smirked taking a pop tart packet from me.

"Is that my nickname from you or are you just obssessed?". I turned to him.

"Maybe both". He shrugged popping a piece of pop tart in his mouth.

We walked to school together munching on our sugary breakfast.

"I gotta talk to Mrs. Morter, you could wait for me if you want". I informed him.

"Well I gotta go to, so I guess it's a date at Mrs. Morter's office". He replied.

"Wouldn't that be kind of weird?". I frowned.

"What?". He popped another piece of pop tart in his mouth.

"Mrs. Morter watching someone go on a date". I rolled my eyes at his obliviousness.

"Oh! Yes very weird". He caught on.

We made it to school and Zack looked a little nervous.

"Hey, you'll be fine. We mostly have the same classes so it should be easy for the most part". I reassured him.

I grabbed his hand in mine and we walked to the guidance counselor's office hand in hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Zack was first to head into Mrs. Morter's office. She wanted to discuss his past school record. Zack never told me what exactly was in his school record yet he told me it had to do with him partying too hard some nights. Minutes later him and Mrs. Morter emerged from her office laughing.

"Glad to have met you Zack. Would you like to sign up for the Bestest Buddies system to make some friends quicker?". She beamed.

"Um-no, actually I made a new friend over the week". He smiled at me.

I waved to them.

"Iris! Just the woman I wanted to see!". She smiled brightly.

I stood and went into her office and sat in the plushy pink chair.

"So how was your-vacation?". She asked excitedly.

"Fine, for the most part. I met Zack so I guess that's a plus". I shifted in my seat.

"Well as you should remember the restraining order against you from Riley Rena, it still stands and I'll have this same talk with her after homeroom. But I just wanted to make sure everything is ok". She explained.

"Everything is fine. As long as she stays away from me I'll be fine". I sighed.

"Ok that should be arranged already". She smiled.

I exited her office with her close behind.

Zack and I exited her office.

"She is about a cup of caffeine and half a cup of sugar away from Looney ville". He sighed.

"Tell me about it". I agreed.

I helped Zack find his locker which was two down from mine.

"So any cute boys you like?". Zack smirked down at me.

"No, they aren't really something I'm focus on". I shrugged.

We walked hand in hand to homeroom.