Chapter Twenty-Eight

Stephanie had came over to give me a dress to wear tonight. She said I couldn't go looking like I didn't care about reconciling with Zack. He did this to us. So if anyone was to reconcile truly it should be him. I showered and lotioned my body and slipped on my dress. I slipped on some blacks heels and pinned my hair up. I honestly wanted to just call this whole thing off and call Canon over. He had been on my mind since he left. And the more time I spent away from him the more my brain brought him up. Stephanie couldn't stay long, in fear that Zack might just pop up. I did my make-up in the car and drove to Monae's. I didn't see his car in the parking lot so I just walked inside.

"Welcome to Monae's, table for one?". The hostess greeted me politely.

"Actually for two, but I'm not sure when he'll show up". I explained.

"That's fine ma'am, we'll escort him right to you once he shows up". She nodded.

She lead me to the table and asked for my drink. I ordered a strawberry lemonade.

He was supposed to be here at nine. And it was 8:58. Hopefully he showed up soon.
-----------------------------------------------------------
After an hour I hadn't ordered anything. And people were beginning to give me sympathetic looks. After two hours I refilled my lemonade. And still didn't order any food. After another hour I had considered going home because maybe Zack wasn't coming after all. Or maybe there was a crap-ton of traffic where ever he was. Once the hostess informed me it was closing time, I knew he had stood me up. I thanked them for their time and tried to pay for my lemonades but they wouldn't let me. They also gave me a whole free strawberry cheesecake. I thanked them again and left. I slid the cheesecake into the passenger seat and drove home. Once in the hallway I unlocked the door and Canon appeared in his doorway.

"Hey". I greeted him with a sad smile.

"What's wrong?". He frowned coming over to me.

"Nothing". I lied.

"I'm not stupid Strawberry, tell me what's wrong". He commanded softly.

I sighed and walked inside with him close behind. I went to my room and changed into some pajamas. I came into the living room and he was sitting on the couch. I sat on the coffee table so I could face him.

"I went to make amends with Zack. I made him a home made invitation and I delivered it myself. I got to Monae's at 8:56. We decided on nine. I waited until closing time. And he never showed up. He stood me up. Do you know how embarrassing that was?". I cried.

He slid closer to me wiping away my tears.

"Listen to me, it's his loss, you did nothing wrong for him to treat you like this, your strong for even sitting there and waiting that long, hell, I would've left once 10'oclock hit". He comforted me.

"I just wanted to make things right between us. And he was so stupid he couldn't even see that". I sobbed.

Canon pulled me into his arms and held me as I cried. After a half hour of crying I fell asleep in his arms.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I woke up in my bed feeling around for Canon. I sat up and looked around. I found a note on my bed side table.

You fell asleep so I put you in bed. I hope you feel better today and just know I'm always two doors down if you need to talk.
                                  Xoxo~
                                                Canon

My heart fluttered at the note. I think I scored big finding Canon. I cluched the note to my chest and plopped back on my bed. Thank God it was Saturday. This morning I'd go dress shopping with Stephanie. In the afternoon I'd take Bailey to the vet for his monthly check-up. And this evening I had dinner at my Mom's house. Where Zack is still living. I got up and showered and got dressed because Stephanie texted me saying she was on her way.

 I got up and showered and got dressed because Stephanie texted me saying she was on her way

I fed Bailey and ate some yogurt. Stephanie called and said she was downstairs so I walked to her.

"Hey! You look like you had a rough night". She looked at me in concern.

"I did. Zack stood me up. And like an idiot I sat there and waited until closing time for him". I explained.

"Well you can't say you didn't try. He's the jerk here, not you, so let's get this perfect prom dress and get your crown". Stephanie went back to her peppy self.

"Do we have to?". I groaned.

"Yes! Because I vowed by all means to help you and that's what I'm gonna do". She beamed.

I rolled my eyes. This is going to be a long morning.