Chapter Six

By day I was a cheerleader, by night I was a fuming, Daddy-problem, teen. Here are today's events:

I woke up early, on the account that Zack woke me up by calling at 6am.

"What!". I hissed.

"Nothing. Can I come over?". He asked softly.

"Why?". I stared at my alarm clock that wouldn't ring for another three hours.

"My Mom and her boyfriend are fighting". He sighed.

"Sure, I'll leave the window open". I hung up quickly.

I laid my head on my pillow going to sleep.

Three hours later I was awoken by my alarm clock. Zack was downstairs. I showered and got dressed then headed downstairs.

"Morning eye part". Zack called from the living room.

"Shutup and let's go". I giggled.

We headed out the door and to school.

"Hey what are you doing tonight?". Zack asked.

"Going to dinner with my Father, why?". I frowned.

"Well the cheer squad is having a celebration for the new recruits and even the rejects are invited so I  wanted to know if you could go so you could-you know chaperone me?". Zack explained.

"You mean like make sure you don't do anything stupid?". I smirked at him.

"Yea something like that". He shrugged.

"If the thing with my Dad ends early, I'll see what I can do". I sighed.

"Cool". He replied.

We walked into school waiting for 3pm to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Once 3pm came, the ones who tried out for cheerleading were dismissed.

Zack and I didn't have the same class this period so we decided to meet up there.

As soon as I reached the mini gym, the  many familiar faces lined up how we were for tryouts. With Stephanie standing in front of us.

"What's going on". I whispered to Zack.

"I don't know. I guess they were going for a Chopped effect?". He shrugged causing me to snicker.

"Ok so I want to say that all of you did great buuutttttt sadly there isn't room for everyone". Stephanie began with a smile.

"So here's how it works. The ones who make it will receive a golden star, those who don't make it will be sent out. However, we can all be sure to see you tonight at the new recruits celebration at my house". She beamed.

The others on the squad began passing out the golden stars. And some walk out looking defeated. When they get to Zack, they hand him a gold star. A rush of happiness washed over me as I saw that he made it. There were three of us left and only one more gold star. The girl got to me and handed the gold star to me. Zack and I jumped up and down in excitement. But Riley noticed me this time.

"Are you kidding me?! She made it but I didn't?!". She shrieked.

"Sorry. But you lacked some spirit. As a cheerleader it's one of the number one things needed to be a successful cheerleader". Stephanie smiled softly.

Riley stormed out of the gym in a fuss.

"Well I hope to see you guys tonight at our party. It starts at 10 by the way". She waved us a goodbye.