Chapter 21 Is this a quest, really?

Sorry, everyone for the long delay. How are you?

 A lot of things had happen during my inactivity from family, drama, and school. Writing had become a back burner and every time I try to go back I didn't have the motivate to write much or as fast I would like. I'll be working on edits. 

Thank you for all the support. I hope everyone is safe from COVID-19, and enjoy your break with your love ones and friends.

I hope you enjoy it.

--

I truly regretted it.

What had I done to deserve this?

The reminder retches its greedy claws halting me. Those dread words 'no take-back' held my tongue and swallow my words as I grind my teeth in frustration.

That cocky b!tch stood beside me, eyeing curiously.

I glared at him.

In response, that cocky son of a b!tch just raised an eyebrow and sent an invite.

I ignored it.

Anything to bring that bastard down a peg brought me any kind of satisfaction. I hate being in this corner. I don't know what Vanoss is scheming, but I don't like it. I can feel in my soul. In my bones. It's going to be a terrible day.

I glanced over my equipment, doubled checking for any wear and tears, placed Teddy back to its rightful place. Avoid looking at a now bemused bastard and grumpy dwarf. I accepted the invite and quest before pushing that still bemused bastard that's now chucking out the door.

Outside of the blacksmith, the bustling marketplace surrounds us in the afternoon sky. I followed behind him as we pushed through the crowd heading to this so-called quest. I watched his raven hair flutter in the breeze; sometimes, I spot sienna eyes peeking over his shoulders then disappearing before our eyes alight. Making sure to see if I'm still there, keeping my word.

I'm not that much of a flight risk...Shut up. I thought we had been through that already.

Still, I have some questions for the damn mutt. Better watch out, mutt.

Just what kind of quest we're doing anyway. Please be simple. An 'in-out' kind of mission.

"Where we're heading?" I asked, mainly out of curiosity toward our destination. "The guys are joining us later?" I added a moment later.

It's not the first or the last time, everyone's schedule doesn't align. Sh!t happens here or there. It's a lot easier when we're here, and online at the same time.

"You can say we're hunting something," Vanoss answered, he glanced at me on the side. Suddenly, his smile widens and takes a left turn to the familiar path of an exit gate. "They're busy. We'll meet with them later. C'mon."

"Really?" I respond, traces of disbelief linger on my voice. Vanoss slows down for me to catch up then I look at him, "They're busy?" Suspicious raise up, my eyes narrow at Vanoss relax posture yet fast-paced to the wilderness.

I knew it. There's something fishy going on here. Unless the gang is planning another surprise attack. I'm 100% positive, they're planning something!

"Yea, they are." Vanoss smiles at me, he places his arm over by my shoulder. For a comforting gesture, I guess which didn't help at all nor the urged to escape. "There's no surprise attack, Delirious. Just you and me are doing a quest together." His eyes squint in amusement, the longer I stare silently at him.

"Really?"

"Really. Trust me."

Still full of suspicion, I watch him a bit later before mentally sighing, preparing for anything before we set out. Vanoss snorts at my behavior then he tightens his grip on my shoulder as my eyes continue wandering for anything. As the tall white door of Florence's gate came closer, so did my gaze focus on the corners and alleyway spying at the moving shadows. We headed through the gate, the white capital fainted aways along with its bustling, chaotic noises in the distance. As trees and shrubs enclose us in the wilderness, it has become changed from the capital. Quieter, peaceful. It was always a welcome change.