Chapter 10

I woke up to someone pressing soft kisses along my shoulders. I buried my face in my pillow as the flutters kept up, moving along my shoulder and down my back. I scrunched up my nose, hands were on my hips. I felt happy, I felt warm. I didn't want to move, I didn't want to burst whatever bubble I had found myself in. I couldn't pretend any longer though, I giggled as he tickled my waist.

"I know you're awake," his deep sleep filled voice made my toes curl.

I sighed, "I don't want to get up. Then we have to leave." I opened my eyes and he was staring down at me, his fingers moving along my shoulder now.

He started to draw circles on my arm, "but we leave together, so it won't be that bad. You aren't getting rid of me that easily, Nes."

I smiled, "no, I guess not. If we can still do this, it'll be perfect."

Cassian leaned in, my fingers brushing his cheek, and kissed me softly. I smiled, never realizing how amazing this could be. How truly liberating it felt to finally let someone in. My chest wasn't tight, my body wasn't stiff. I felt like a girl I never knew I could be as I laid there with him. He had somehow found a way to bring me back to myself. To heal whatever damage Tomas had done.

"I'll be right back," He said against my lips. I sighed, but pulled myself away as he got up. I nodded, watching him walk out of the room wearing only his boxers. He was beautiful, I wasn't sure what I had thought by trying to push him away.

I closed my eyes again as he shut the door. I and fallen asleep in his shirt, after he had worshipped me over and over again. His words not mine. I had fallen apart by his mouth, his hands, by him more than once last night. I shivered just remembering how good it felt. How I never wanted him to stop. How I never knew it could be as amazing, as warm and welcoming, as this.

I couldn't stop smiling now that Cassian and I weren't in a fake relationship. It was like I had become a whole new person again. Like the girl Tomas had hurt was finally free to find her pieces and put them back together. I snuggled into the blankets, warm and lazy. I didn't want to leave, this place had brought so many good things, even if Tomas had been here.

The door opened and I opened my eyes. Cassian's face was pale when he came back into the room. He sighed loudly as he crawled back into the bed beside me. He didn't reach for me, he didn't pull me close again. He leaned against the headboard and his eyes stayed on the door.

"Hey," I sat up and touched his hand, "everything okay?"

He nodded, coming out of his trance, "yeah. I just, ran into Tomas when I went downstairs."

My eyes got wide, "what happened?"

"Nothing," he sighed and finally reached for me, "he doesn't matter. You. You matter."

I smiled as he kissed me and I forgot all about Tomas and whatever had happened between him and Cassian. All that mattered was Cassian's skin against mine.

"We have a few hours to kill," he whispered as his hands pulled at the shirt against my hips. His eyes sparkled as I opened mine and I knew he was trying to forget whatever had happened.

I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck. I melted into him as the sun got higher in the sky.

*-*

It was almost noon by the time we pulled apart and got our things ready to go home. I got dressed, much to Cassian's dismay. He had tried relentlessly to get him to join him in the shower. As tempting as that was, I knew we needed to get ready to leave if we wanted to get home at a decent hour. I was folding my clothes and putting them away, still smiling.