Chapter 20

Living with Cassian was perfect. He was sweet and he was mine. He came home from work and we made dinner together. He never told me it was my place to clean up. We fought, of course we did. We were good at fighting. But we always made up, we never went to bed angry with each other. And making up was becoming one of my favorite activities.

I loved learning new things about him. Like his obsession with war novels, or that he slept with only a sheet and left me all of the blanket. In the mornings he usually woke up before me and went for a run. He slipped back into bed before I was even awake. Sometimes he would wake me up by pressing kissing all along my body.

Falling in love with Cassian was an everyday adventure. I thought there was one moment when I finally loved him. But every day he showed me something new I fell deeper in love with him. I looked at him and I saw my future, I saw my life beside him. There wasn't anyone else as beautiful, as kind and sweet as this man here beside me.

How I had gotten so lucky I wasn't sure. My track record proved how terrible I was at choosing men. But Cassian was the exception.

Elain and Az had finally told us all they were officially engaged. Seven quiet months of them dodging our questions and they finally broke. But they were adorable. Shy and awkward, always afraid to let others know how much they truly cared. I was happy for both my sisters. We had all finally found someone who made us smile.

We had been in the waiting room for over eight hours. We hadn't been allowed back to see Feyre, but Rhys came out and gave us an update every once and a while. She had started pushing five hours ago.

"Remind me not to have kids," I leaned into Cassian and he pressed a sleepy kiss to my forehead, "if it takes this long for them to arrive."

He laughed, "I want kids one day. One or two. I didn't have any siblings, I was lonely. I wouldn't want that for my kids."

The way he spoke, soft and slow, I knew it was the truth. I looked at him, my fingers lacing through his, "you do? Want kids?"

He shrugged, "I never thought I'd be a good dad. But something changed this last year. I think kids would be fun. I think yeah, I'd like to give it a try. What about you?"

I smiled. I never wanted kids. Not until this very moment, "I always thought I'd end up alone. I never thought about it. But I think. I think I'd have kids. Not like, right now or anything. But. Someday, when everything is right... and with you."

Cassian smiled as he pulled me closer, "I love you."

I nuzzled his chest as I rearrangement myself to sit closer to him. I was exhausted, but I wanted to meet my niece or nephew before we left. Feyre had called me crying, saying the baby was coming and she wanted us here. I wasn't leaving until the baby was born. My baby sister needed me.

"It's a boy!" Rhys voice hit me right before I closed my eyes. I jumped up as Cassian grabbed for my brother in law and hugged him tightly, "I have a son."

I laughed when it was my turn to hug him, "can we see them?"

"Of course! Feyre's been asking for you two," he looked at me and then Elain.

Elain had been leaning into Az, both of them talking quietly together. Elain's ring was beautiful, it was shaped like a rose and sparkled under the hospital lights. I couldn't stop watching them, amazed at how they seemed to fall together. It seemed weird how last year I thought him and Mor had been the cutest couple ever. But I realized now that hadn't been a balanced relationship. He had always loved her more and now I could see how much he adored my sister. I could see how she felt for him whenever they looked at each other.