Epilogue

Four years Later

Little Logan Viviana Moten was born kicking and screaming at two am on a cold February morning. I was in labor for over fourteen hours, she didn't come quickly. Cassian held my hand the entire time, even when I cursed him, telling him I hated him for wanting kids. I told him he wasn't allowed to touch me ever again. That made the nurses laugh. Still Cassian never faltered. He wiped my forehead with a cloth before he kissed my cheek.

He was my husband and he knew I needed him there beside me. I was panting and sweating and he still told me I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

"You're doing great, Nessa. So good sweetheart," the contractions slowed as Cassian pushed my hair away from my face, "just think we're going to leave with a baby. A little baby we made."

A tear slipped down my cheek, "Cass. I can't. It hurts." I leaned into him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "please. Make it stop."

"You can do this. You're strong. You're my Nesta. My warrior."

It was Cassian's sure voice, his steady heart beat underneath my ear that pulled me through. He was so confident in me I couldn't help but believe in myself too. A few hours later Logan came into the world crying, her lungs made of steel. Cassian told me she must take after me. I smiled as he cut the chord and then the nurses swaddled her in a pink blanket. They cleaned her up and then brought her back over to me.

I held Logan first, her big blue eyes matched mine. But her hair, it was wild and crazy like her fathers. I could see him in her every feature and I was already so in love. She had been created from the best parts of us, she had grown underneath my heart. Now she was here in my arms as everything I never knew I wanted.

"She's beautiful," Cassian murmured before he placed his finger against her tiny cheek. His eyes were bright, he looked at her in wonder. The only other time he had looked like this was the day he asked me to marry him. The day I told him yes to forever, "just like her mom."

I shook my head, "she looks like you," I whispered softly, "she'll have you wrapped around her finger in no time."

He laughed and then leaned down, pressing a kiss to my forehead, "I'm going to tell them all we have a daughter."

Everyone was there waiting. Feyre and Rhys came in first with little Ash who was growing like a weed. Az was there with Elain who's own stomach had just started showing a few days ago. Little Logan was going to be so loved, with a cousin who would do everything for her. And another baby cousin on the way. I wanted them to be friends, best friends. I wanted them to be more than family.

The way I was now with my sisters.

Everyone passed Logan around while Cassian perched on the side of my bed. He held me close to his side as I watched my daughter get acquainted with her new family. Tears filled my eyes as I laced my fingers through my husbands. It was all too much, this moment was one I never saw coming.

"Did you ever think," I whispered as Elain held Logan against her baby bump, giggling as Az leaned down over her, "that surviving Tomas, surviving the storm that was our beginning, we would end up here? Married, with a baby girl?"

Cassian laughed, his fingers coming up to brush against my cheek, "I know I wished for us to end up here. I wished to find a way to be in your future, even before Tomas tried to take you from me. The moment I sat down across from you in that diner I knew there was no one else worth my time, Nesta. You won my heart with a flip of your hair and those steel blue eyes."

I blushed, "yeah well. You changed me. You tore through my thorns and I just. I love you Cassian. For giving me a life, a family. For giving me a home. Not a house, not four walls that keep us warm. You're my home."