Chapter 19

Feyre and I healed more together at the lake. One weekend turned into us deciding to stay for a full week. Each of us took off and decided we needed this time together after what we had been through. My sister and I needed it the most. Our bodies healed faster than our minds. She took a little longer, her leg giving her problems every so often while it healed. Both Rhys and Cassian were still mother hens.

They were pains in the asses, Rhys still acting as if Feyre couldn't walk on her own even though she had been off crutches for a while now. Cassian was sweet but he pushed me more than he did when we were alone. I knew it was because he was afraid I would let the horrible memories of this place take over. So he did what he could to try and keep those memories away.

And he was pretty good at distracting me.

After we celebrated Tomas being caught, Cassian and I spent most evenings in our room, catching up for lost time. I learned more about my actual boyfriend while we were wrapped up in the sheets. We found a lot of excuses to be alone, but then again so did my sister and her husband.

I rolled over, Cassian was drifting off beside me. It wasn't quiet nighttime yet and when I looked out the window, I heard my sister laughing. Az and Elain were out by the lake, their feet in the water. It wasn't warm enough to swim anymore, but it was warm enough to be out there. I was wearing Cassian's shirt, his fingers had stopped tickling my back a few minutes ago.

"Let's go join them," I whispered to his sleeping body. He mumbled something and buried his nose in the pillow. I sighed and grabbed my pants. I got dressed, still wearing his shirt, and then kissed his cheek before walking down the stairs.

Az jumped as I came out and sat down beside him. It had been a few days since I had a chance to ask them the sisterly questions. I smiled at them both, watching Elain giggle, her hand covering the one Az placed on her thigh.

"So I guess it's my turn," I smiled at them, "to be the big sister. What are your intentions with my baby sister?"

Az was nervous, his eyes went from me to Elain and back again. His throat bobbed, "I'm infatuated with her. I'm so totally in love with her and I intend to show her that every day. It's weird, starting as friends and turning to lovers. But I have never laughed as much as I do with her, or known true beauty until she showed me how to see it."

I smiled as Elain's mouth fell open, "Azriel."

He turned to look at her, "its true E. we've known each other for so long, you've always been like my little sister too. Except more. Because I know you. I felt protective for other reasons. And now. Now I'm in love with you and I never want it to end. I never want to let you go."

She leaned into him, kissing him softly, "I love you too," her soft voice picked up, "thank you. For being there when I didn't have anyone else."

I cleared my throat, "so how did this happen then?"

Elain pulled back and Az sighed, "after you were attacked and Feyre was in the hospital Elain came to me. Everyone was fretting over you and she was just upset and I listened. I held her while she cried. And then Cassian asked us to get your things when you were home and I just couldn't wait any longer. I kissed her and there was no going back. Best decision of my life."

Elain giggled softly, "we were standing in your room and Az was just watching me gather stuff up. I had never seen your place and I was getting a little nervous because I didn't know what you wanted. Then his big hand took the bag from me, my eyes filled with tears found his. Suddenly he leaned down and kissed me. When I pulled away he said 'do you think I could take you on a real date?' I had no idea that's what he was thinking."