Chapter 13: Thunder

Talia, Warren, and you had left after breakfast, leaving behind a smirking Thomas and ashamed looking boys of the 104th. Why they looked like Thomas had just found out their deepest darkest secret was beyond you, and frankly you didn't care. Boys were weird.

Warren walked next to you after grabbing your 3DMG gear and stepping outside in the blasting heat; the silent boy paced himself so he could match your speed. His eyes that matched the golden hue of amber wandered around the grounds, spotting the rest of his squadron and glanced down at you.

A bit unnerved by his intense stare you twirled a piece of your cloak. "What."

"You lied." He said simply, and set his eyes on Talia's back who was a few paces away.

"So?"

Warren shrugged, possibly going to say more than those two words, but was interrupted by his sister who turned back and snatched both of your arms.

"You both walk so slow. Hurry up." She laughed.

Talia's platinum blonde braided hair bounced behind her and turned her head, flashing you her perfect smile. You had no idea what made her so enthusiastic and joyful about everything, but you would never criticize her. There wasn't enough hope in this world and crushing Talia's would make you a monster.

Reaching the group of four, (Talia told you how there were more but some went to the other factions or were busy doing something else), the happy chatter dwindled once they saw who accompanied the Reece Twins.

To them you were strange.

Not like you ate bugs for lunch 'strange', but strange because you were different from any kind of person they has met. It wasn't that they hated you it was just, something was off about you and no one knew exactly what it was. Maybe it was the fact you had killed three titans with a simple knife, or maybe because you came from beyond the walls and had a peculiar accent. Whatever it was, they didn't like it.

On one particular day, when your shirt rode up around your waist during training, it revealed a very nasty, jagged looking scar that traveled from your left hip and ended just above your navel.

The scar its self didn't bother you, it was the memories that accompanied it.

When an onslaught of questions from the curious cadets and the surprised and worried faces of your friends, it triggered the memories you tried so hard to keep buried deep inside your mind.

It was only a matter of time before you snapped, and it just so happened to be that day.

It wasn't until later, when you woke up in your own bed with Talia, Warren, and Thomas at your bedside, that you realized you had passed out.

"You started screaming about something or someone, (F/n)..." Talia had whispered to you, a gentleness in her amber eyes. "Y-you looked like someone was going to kill you."

That was the night you told them both your past. It felt as if a heavy weight was lifted from your chest as you told your closest friends of all the horrors you've lived through. All of it from Lark to the 'special selections' by Anthony and Raven and the destruction of your home. You sparred them from a few gruesome details, but the majority of it, you spilled. You expected them to be disgusted by who you actually were and what you've done, but they understood and made a silent vow to watch over you in a way, not bothered in the slightest.

You noticed a slight shift in your friendship after that night. Talia became more protective and overbearing and barely let you out of her sight. Warren had also shown more of an acknowledgement towards your well being, not that you could you really tell by his unreadable visage, yet you noticed the subtle things he did. He sat closer to you during meals and shot glares at anyone who wandered too close and kept his eyes on you when you drifted too far from him, Talia, or Thomas. He even pushed you to eat when you skipped on meals, sometimes bringing some bread or soup to your room later. It was sorta nice being taken care of for once.