Taking Money Ch. 9

Chapter Nine

Cassandra

The boy across from me adjusted his chair, and put his feet up on the desk. "Cassandra," He mused with a bright smile on his face. I rolled my eyes, and turned my head away.

"Call me Cass," I corrected.

"How about Cassie?" Carson asked.

"No," I snapped.

The door opened again, and both Carson and I looked up. A boy with a bloody and bruised face was shoved inside. A man and a woman shoved him into the chair next to Carson, and then locked him up. "What's going on?" The boy yelled.

The people didn't answer though. Instead they just walked back out the door. "Hey!" The kid yelled, "HEY! GET BACK HERE! WHAT'S GOING ON?"

"There's no point," I whispered.

The kid looked at me. "You didn't even try?" He asked.

I glared at him. Then I showed him my wrists, arms, and pushed my hair back to show him my cheek. "I tied," I hissed. The kid's eyes widened.

"Who are you?" Carson asked.

He looked around carefully. "Thomas," He answered, "And you two? Who are you?"

"I'm Carson," Carson responded, "And that's Cassie."

"Cass," I corrected.

"How long have you been here?" Thomas asked.

"About two hours," I shrugged.

"Two minutes," Carson smiled. I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly. "What's wrong Cassie?" Carson asked.

"Stop calling me that," I growled. Carson chuckled, and pulled at the cuffs again. "Do you ever listen?" I asked. "Or do you block everything out on purpose?"

"Block everything out," Carson shrugged with a smirk.

"What do they want?" Thomas whispered.

"I know as much as you do," I told him. "Sorry."

The door opened again, and another girl came in. She wrestled under the grip of the guy carrying her in. He set her down across from Thomas. When she looked up at us, her eyes were blood shot. "What's going on?" She yelled, "Alberto, Che cosa sta accendendo? Dove sono? Lascilo prego andare!" The guy just shook his head, and handcuffed her to the table. "Alberto, please," She begged.

"I'm sorry," He muttered.

Then he walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him. "Where am I?" She gasped. "Please, someone tell me what's going on?"

"Who are you?" I asked.

She looked around nervously, and then pulled tightly on the handcuffs. When she couldn't break them off, she started to cry. "Hey, hey," Thomas whispered, "Don't cry."

"Who are you people?" She moaned, "What do you want with me?"

"Hey, cry baby," Carson snapped, "If you haven't noticed, we're all cuffed to the table."

The girl shot him a glare. "Who are you?" She shouted. "Who are you people?"

"Calm down," I whispered, "I'm Cass, that's Thomas, and that big mouth over there is Carson."

"I'm...I'm...Kacie," She stuttered. "Where am I?"

"I think in California," I answered, "Because I didn't have to drive very far."

"Well I lived in Philly, and I didn't drive very far," Carson shot back.

"But you have a bleeding bump on the back of your head," I argued, "So you don't know how long you were unconscious."

Carson narrowed his eyes.

Kacie shook slightly in her seat. "Oh my goodness," She whispered.

"What is it?" Thomas asked.

She fiddled with the bracelets on her wrists, and started muttering in a different language. "In English please," Carson snapped.

Kacie looked over at him, her eyes filling up again. "I was in Italy earlier," She murmured, "I'm supposed to be in Italy."

My eyes widened. "They took you from there?" I asked, "Wow, this must be big."

"What do you think it's about?" Thomas asked.

I shrugged, and so did everyone else. Thomas looked around nervously. "They don't know anything, do they?" Thomas asked.

"I don't think so," Kacie shrugged.

I bit my lip. "I think some people might," I whispered.

"Why? What'd you do Cassie?" Carson smiled.

"None of your business," I snapped. I ignored the fact that he kept on calling me Cassie.

"Well I know I didn't do anything," Kacie snapped, "Besides sneaking out of the house."

"Oh, a dare devil in the room," Carson remarked. I rolled my eyes. I pulled on the handcuffs again, and felt my skin burn underneath. I winced in pain, and looked to the side as my eyes burned with tears.

Suddenly the door opened, and everyone looked up. A fat man with a mustache walked in. I narrowed my eyes, and leaned forward in my seat. Carson took his feet off of the table, and shifted in his seat. Kacie whimpered, and scooted away from him. Thomas just stared at him with wide eyes.

"Hello," He smiled.

"What do you want with us?" Kacie yelled.

"Hush child, and I'll explain everything," The man said. There was a moment of silence.

"Who are you?" I finally growled.

"I am Mr. Ross," He explained, "And I have a job offer for you."