Taking Money Ch. 21

Hey guys:) New chapter :) hopefully this one is longer! So Im tired and still hungry so I'm not really going to ramble! let me know what you think ... COmment/vote/fan?? please?

thanks bunches XD

Cheesehead<3

Chapter Twenty One

          Over the next week, we all stayed on the road. Nothing eventful happened, so there is no point explaining. I drove into Mexico, with my passport in hand. We had to go through many tests and questions to be able to get in.

          Then Thomas looked up on his computer where to go. I started to get a little anxious, because we had all this money hidden in the back of the car. Someone could just check our car, and we'd get in a serious amount of trouble.

          Carson sat next to me in the front seat, while Thomas and Kacie slept in the back. I laughed every once in awhile, because Thomas was a loud snorer that Kacie kept waking up. Carson looked over at me.

          "What?" I asked, looking sideways.

          "Are you alright?" Carson asked.

          "Fine," I answered shortly.

          "You don't seem fine," He argued, "Want me to drive?"

          "No, I'm fine," I told him in a small voice. I wasn't about to admit to Carson that I was actually scared. I had never carried around this much money before, and I was terrified we'd get caught.

          My Mom was already suffering with debt, and if we were caught, things could get very ugly. I didn't want her to suffer from anything else, so I promised I wouldn't get caught. I looked over again, and Carson was still staring at me. "What?" I demanded.

          "I know something is wrong," Carson growled, "Just tell me."

          "Fine," I snapped, "Drive." Carson started to move over to the driver's seat. I quickly let go of the wheel and climbed over him. Carson started to freak. He quickly grabbed the wheel, and pressed the gas pedal.

          "Are you crazy?" Carson yelled, causing Kacie and Thomas to stir.

          "No," I answered.

          "Really?" Carson snapped, "Because I'm pretty sure you're crazy."

          "What's happening?" Thomas moaned, stretching.

          "Just drop it," I snapped, looking out the window. I grabbed a blanket, and held it tightly around my shoulders.

          "What's wrong with you?" Carson asked.

          "Nothing," I shouted, "Now stop!" Everyone grew silent. Carson looked over at me, and the continued to drive. "Sorry," I muttered, "That was uncalled for. I'm upset...and scared."

          "It's alright Cass," Kacie said, "I was scared too, but you helped me through it. There's no need to worry."

          I sighed loudly. "Thanks Kace," I murmured.

          Carson looked over at me, and gave me a small reassuring smile. I gave him a small smile back, and looked out the window again.

          We drove in silence for a little longer, until Thomas shouted, "That's it!" I started at the small house. I couldn't believe that, that little house was where a whole lot of money was.