Taking Money Ch. 24

Hey guys! another chapter! Let me know what you think! What do you think about the charcters? the plot line? when i upload?

Let me know?

thanks!

cheesehead

Chapter Twenty Four

  Cassandra

          Thank God Kacie stopped crying. I knew how much it upset her, but I didn't think I would be able to hear it any more. Kacie sat close to Thomas, and I could tell something was going on there. Thomas was feeling better, with his legs out stretched, and his arm around Kacie's shoulders.

          I did all of the driving.

          "Cass, are you alright?" Kacie asked.

          "Yeah," I muttered.

          "Do you want to talk about it?" Thomas offered.

          I gripped the steering wheel tighter and refused to look back at them. "No," I snapped. My eyes were starting to fill with tears and it was hard for me to drive.

          "Cass, watch out!" Thomas hollered. I quickly swerved the car to the left and let out a choked sob.

          "Cass, maybe you should pull over," Kacie suggested.

          "I'm fine," I spat through gritted teeth. I swerved to the right, and quickly wiped my cheeks, to make sure there were no fallen tears there.

          "Cass, pull over," Thomas ordered. This time I didn't even bother to argue. I pulled over to the side of the road and turned the car off. There was silence in the car for a minute.

          Then I broke down.

          I hunched over in the front seat and started to cry harder than I ever had before. This is what happened when you trusted people, they let you down. I knew it was foolish of me to trust Carson, but my heart wanted to. I really liked Carson and he twisted my feelings around till everyone was able to see them.

          I shoved the front door open and flung myself out of the car. "Cass," Kacie called, but I slammed the door closed. With my arms crossed over my chest, I started walking in the direction we had come. I wasn't sure why I was walking that way, but I needed to get away.

          "Cass," Thomas called. I turned my head slightly and saw that Kacie was now in the front seat and had the car driving next to me.

          "You're driving in the wrong lane," I informed her.

          "We're going to die," She freaked, "Thomas, I'm going to get us killed, oh my goodness."

          "Kacie, calm down," Thomas chuckled,"Cass, get in the car. Come on, we have a job to do. You can't just leave us here."

          "He's an ass," I answered.

          "We know," Thomas sighed.

          I turned to the car quickly. "He goes and kisses me," I snapped, "And then just leaves! But that's after he almost choked me to death! That ass!"

          "Get in the car, Cass," Thomas whispered, "Please."

          Kacie stopped the car, and with a sigh I got in. Kacie couldn't help but smile at me. "You want to drive?" She asked in a small voice.

          "No," I snapped, crossing my arms against my chest and leaning against the door.

          There was silence in the car as we continued towards our destination: Texas. Thomas was typing away at his laptop and Kacie was the most cautious driver I had ever seen. I think she was panicking a little and wanted to drive safely.