Chapter 3

Hi! This chapter is dedicated to Michaela_Langeness. She was the first to  comment. Thank you for reading my story! Your comments mean alot to me!

By the way, Percy may seem overly smart in this chapter. I know in other fan-fics he is portrayed as stupid, but I think Percy is smarter than he looks. I know he is only seven. Just try to go with is please.

Once the light died down, I realized that I was underwater. I didn't understand why. One second I was in a room with very big chairs. The next second I was in a room underwater. Immediately, I held my breath. I may not be the smartest, but I know that people cannot breathe underwater. I held my breathe until I couldn't hold it any longer, then I inhaled, breathing in lots of water. I thought I was about to choke and die, but instead of choking, I inhaled the water like it was air. To say I was surprised was an understatement. Here I was, at what looked like the bottom of the ocean, breathing normally. I looked around and saw Mr. Ocean trying to hide a smile.

" Are you laughing at me?" I asked. Now that Mr. Lightning was nowhere to be found, I was less scared. Mr. Ocean seemed nice, so I thought it would be OK to talk to him.

" No..." He replied, but Mr. Ocean's smile only got bigger.

"You're laughing at me! Why?" I was frustrated, but not mad. I liked Mr. Ocean. He was kind, and he saved me from the Bull-man. He must like me. Then I remembered that he thought I was his son. I thought that I had no daddy, but now I wasn't so sure. My mommy said that daddy got lost at sea, and Mr. Ocean looked like he lived under the sea. He and I could both breathe underwater. I knew that was not a normal human trait. Maybe I inherited that trait from him! We also looked alike. We both had black hair and green eyes. Maybe he really was my daddy. Only one way to find out.

" Are you my daddy?" Once I asked him, I immediately regretted it. There was no way that this random man who picked me up off the streets would be my daddy. I was probably just hoping for a parent figure now that my mommy was gone. I would have started crying at the thought of my mommy but then Mr. Ocean answered my question,

" I am your Dad, Perseus." I didn't know how he was supposed to prove that, but I decided to believe him. Anyways, he knew my full name. I squinted at him and said,

"If you say so Daddy." Mr. Ocean smiled, kneeled down and hugged me. I hugged him back. It felt good to have a daddy. I already loved him.

I could have stayed like that forever. Hugging my newly found daddy on the bottom of the ocean. However, we were interrupted by a loud rude voice saying,

"Father, who is this mortal?" He said it more like a statement rather than a question. Daddy groaned and stood up.

"Triton, meet Percy Jackson. He is your mortal brother. Please be nice to him. Please?"

"Father! How could you! You swore on the river Styx! I didn't expect you to break the oath! Zeus, maybe. But not you!" Triton was fuming. Somehow, the water around him was reacting to his emotions and churning angrily.

"Son please. It was a mistake..." I didn't hear the rest. My new daddy, my only parent figure, was calling me a mistake. Surely I meant more to him than that. But he had said it. I was a mistake. I swam away. Daddy didn't notice me leaving. He was too busy talking to Triton. Triton wasn't a mistake. Only I was.

Once I swam out of earshot, I wished that I could go up to the surface. The moment I thought that thought, I shot up out of the water. I was now alone. Alone in the middle of the ocean. I was about to start crying when something nudged my leg. I looked down and saw an 11-foot long great white shark. I knew that sharks were dangerous, but this one seemed gentle. I patted the shark on his head and said,

"Hello," I did not expect the shark to reply, but he did.

"Hello young lord. Is there anything I can do to help you?" I was irked that the shark called me 'lord' and would have corrected him, but then I remembered that sharks had sharp teeth. Even if he called me 'lord' he still might bite me is I made him unhappy, so instead I said,

"Would it be possible for you to take me to land?"

"Of course, young lord. Hold onto my pectoral fins. Make sure not to let go." I did as he said. I wasn't sure how I knew what pectoral fins were, but I had a gut feeling telling me that they were the ones on the side. The shark dove underwater and instinctively, I held my breath. Then I remembered that I could breathe underwater. I was hard to force myself to breathe in water, but once I got it, it was easier. We were not moving very long, soon we reached land.

"This is California, young lord. You may get off now." I knew that California and New York were not close together. In fact, they were all the way across the country! But I didn't question it. I thanked the shark and dismounted. He quickly swam away. For a moment I was just treading water in the bay, then I realized I should probably swim to shore before someone saw me in the water. I didn't want anyone to panic. When I got out of the water, I was completely dry. Luckily nobody noticed. I walked around for a little bit before I realized that I had no idea where I was. I was lost in California.

Yay! This chapter is 1023 words long! Sorry if that's to long, but for me, the longer the chapters are, the better!