Chapter 8

This is more of a filler than an actual chapter, but the next chapter will be interesting.

Just as he had promised, Hades was waiting for us outside of Elysium.

"So," he said, "how did it go?" I threw a quick glance at Persephone, who was also looking at me, and replied,

"Great, I'm glad I got to say a proper goodbye. Thanks for letting me see her, uncle Hades."

"No problem Percy. I'm glad I could help. Demeter is leaving for Olympus in about 5 minutes, I want you to go with her. Okay?"

"Sure uncle, that's sounds perfect." I still didn't really want to go to Olympus, but if it made Hades happy I would go. I felt as if I had to pay Hades back, as he had been so nice to me while I was here, and anyways, my gut feeling telling me to leave had only gotten stronger. As we walked back to Hades palace, we once again passed the three headed dog. This time, however Hades stopped to pet it. I personally thought it was very sweet. I decided to ask hades if that was his dog.

"Hey uncle Hades, Is that giant dog your pet?"

"You could say that."

"Does he have a name?"

"Oh yes, his name is Cerberus."

"Hi Cerberus!" I waved at the giant dog. Hades, who was watching me smiled.

"Come on Percy, we don't want Demeter to leave without you!"

don't think of this as a time skip!  - 

Soon we arrived back at Hades palace. Demeter was waiting for us at the entrance. When we walked up to her she turned to Hades and asked,

"Do you think it will be OK if I flash out with him?"

"Meh," Hades replied, "I don't know, but it will take to long if you try to walk to Olympus, and you shouldn't fly in a plane. Give it a try, what could go wrong!"

"Um everything," I heard Persephone mumble. Hades, however, didn't hear her, or decided to ignore her.

"Just be careful. Bye Percy! I probably won't see you for another 50 or so years! Have a nice life! HAHAHAHA!"  Persephone, who was still carrying me, set me down and I ran away from Hades, who was really starting to creep me out. I ran over to Demeter. She gently set her hand on my shoulder.

"Are you ready to see Olympus again Percy?"

"No," I replied shortly. I was just telling the truth. I didn't want to go to Olympus, because, my dad was probably going to be there.
"But I know I don't have much of a choice." I sighed. Demeter nodded in an understanding way.

"Well, I guess we should go." Demeter and I said in unison, which kind of creeped me out. She smiled at me.

"Hold onto my arm. DO NOT LET GO. You should probably close your eyes too." I nodded to show I understood. I heard her mutter something under her breath, but I couldn't tell what she had said. I gripped Demeter's arm and squeezed my eyes shut. All of a sudden it got really hot and I felt as if I was being ripped apart, molecule by molecule. It really hurt, but not in a 'scream from the pain' way. It was more of a 'It hurts to open my mouth to scream, so i'll just cry instead'  type of pain.

The sensation was over in seconds, but I didn't know if it was ok to open my eyes yet. I heard a familiar male voice talking to Demeter, but I couldn't place it. After listening to them speak for a moment, I realized they weren't talking in English.  I risked opening my eyes and saw who was talking to Demeter. I recognized him as Mr. Bright Smile. I still didn't know his real name. Demeter and Mr. Bright Smile kept talking and I was starting to feel left out, so I cleared my throat loudly. They turned and looked at me. Demeter opened her mouth and started to introduce me when Mr. Bright Smile cut her off.

"Hey cuz! You came back!"

"Oh, Percy, I see you've already met Apollo." I nodded and smiled at Demeter and Apollo. I was glad to have finally learned his name. I heard a rumbling sound in the distance and saw storm clouds gathering on the horizon. Apollo glanced nervously at the storm.

"Ah, it looks like Poseidon and Zeus are fighting. We'd best keep you away from them," He said in a careful tone.

"The thing is, they are probably fighting about Percy. Poseidon is most likely worried about him." Demeter said.

"True, true. Say cuz, why did you run away from your father?"  I frowned and looked up at Apollo, then looked at Demeter, hoping she would explain. Demeter understood and told Apollo,

"We think Percy overhead Poseidon say he was a mistake. He was, of course, talking about breaking the oath, but Percy took it very personally."

"Ahh,  that would make sense. I guess we should tell Poseidon that Percy is safe." Apollo sighed. "Come on Percy. Let's go see your father again"

And with a sense of deja-vu, Percy followed Apollo and Demeter towards the storm.