Chapter 6

Characters are a bit OOC, but please just go with it. Thanks!

I stared at my uncle with my mouth open. He was definitely crazy. There was no way I could see my mom again. She died. Just thinking about my dead mommy made me sad. My lower lip started quivering and I quickly shook my head to awnser my uncles question. If it was possible, I would want to see my mom again. However, I knew it wasn't possible, so I shook my head.

Uncle Hades looked shocked. Demeter looked smug and Persephone looked relieved. I heard Demeter mutter something that sounded like 'This 7 year old is smarter than his uncle, go figure'. I looked up at Hades and said,

"Sorry Uncle Hades, but that's impossible. My mommy died. I won't ever be able to see her again."  That's when I lost it. Tears started pouring down my face. My mommy was dead. Everytime I thought about it, I cried. Some people might call it weak, but I loved my mommy so much. Now she was gone, forever. What would I do now? Would I have to live with my seaweed brain of a father? He probaly wouldn't want me anyways. After all I was just a mistake. At that thought I started crying even harder. I had no one. I would stay here, with uncle Hades, but I remembered Persephone saying that I couldn't stay here.

I couldn't see anything through my tears except for blobs of color. But I felt someone kneel down next to me and gently rub my back. I couldn't tell who, but it was comforting all the same. I cried until I couldn't cry any longer. Then I just sort of sat down on the floor and stared at the wall. I heard someone talking to me, but I couldn't comprehend what they were saying. Someone brought me a glass of water, but I only took one little sip. The water made me feel better, but it was very cold and I didn't feel like drinking freezing cold water. I just felt like sleeping, so that's what I did. I layed down on the floor of uncle Hades dining room and fell asleep.

I had a dream about my mommy. It was about one of the times she brought me to the beach. I was about 4 years old and we were the only ones on the beachs. We built a sandcastle together and played in the waves. That's when the dream went from a memory to a nightmare. We were splashing around in the waves, giggling and having lot of fun when a giant wave swept mommy underwater. I called out to her, but when the wave recedes, she was gone. The ocean had stolen my mommy. I fell down on the beach and hot tears streamed down my face.

I woke up curled up in a little ball, with actual hot tears streaming down my face. I was in my room in uncle Hades palace.  There was a glass of water on the nightstand next to me. I sat up and grabbed the glass. This time, I drank all of the water. I felt a lot better after drinking the water, but I was still sad. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them close to myself. I rocked myself back and forth. I wasn't crying anymore, but I still had splotchy cheeks and bloodshot eyes. I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

Just then, Persephone poked her head into the room. When she saw I was awake, she walked into the room and came over to my bed, where she sat down next to me. She didn't say anything, but she was staring at me with pitiful eyes. I was still rocking myself back and forth. Persephone sighed and stood up. Then she left. I stopped rocking and stared at the door, which she had just closed. Why did she leave? I turned my body so my legs were hanging off the side of the bed. I glared at the door knob. I wasn't tired or thirsty, but I was hungry. I was also to lazy to stand up. I continued to glare at the door, hoping that if I maybe stared at it hard enough, it would open up. Then the door did open, but not because I managed to use the force.

Persephone was back and she was carrying a platter of food. She had pancakes, eggs, sausage, strawberries, bacon, cereal, bagels, milk, water, otemeal, waffles and other breakfast foods that I didn't recognize. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat all of it, but it looked delicious all the same. She leaned over and set the platter on the floor. Then she sat down next to it and patted the space next to her,

"Are you hungry Percy? I brought you breakfast. I didn't know what you would want, so I brought a bit of everything."  I slid off of my bed and sat down next to Persephone.

"Thank you aunt Persephone, I was really hungry."

"No problem Percy. You can just call me Persephone, by the way. It will get way to confusing if you try to call everyone 'aunt' and 'uncle'. Believe me, I've tried."  Then she chuckled,

"It gets really confusing," Then she started laughing even harder. I didn't know what was so funny, but her laugh was contagious, so I stared laughing to. Neither of us heard the door open, but when Uncle Hades sat down between us, we both stopped laughing and stared at him. His face turned red and he said,

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Then he proceeded to wipe his face for something nonexistent. I started laughing again, and so did Persephone and Hades. After a minute or so, Hades asked,

"I was wondering if I could join you for breakfast?" I nodded my head and Hades grabbed some scrambled eggs, and 2 waffles. I grabbed strawberries and a couple of pancakes, while Persephone grabbed sausage and oatmeal. When we finished breakfast, I asked,

"How long was I asleep for?"

"Just one day, you fell asleep breakfast time yesterday and woke up breakfast time today. That's still a lot of sleep though, we were starting to get worried." Hades answered. My eyes grew wide.

"You were worried about me?"

"Of course we were Percy! Why wouldn't we be?" This time it was Persephone who awnsered.

"Your father is worried too, we should probably bring you to Olympus so he knows you are okay." We all turned around and saw Demeter standing in the doorway. I stared at her. She was most likely right, of course. However, I didn't want to see my dad. Demeter must have gathered my feelings from my expression because she said,

"I understand that you don't want to see your father, but how about we just go to Olympus to tell Apollo or someone you are okay. How does that sound?" I sighed,

"Ok, but I really don't want to see my dad." Then I turned to Hades and asked,

"When you asked if I wanted to see my mom, did you mean it? Is it really possible?"

Hi! Did you like this chapter? Word count is 1220. I will update really soon.

Btw, he sees his mom next chapter.