Chapter 7

I watched as uncle Hades nodded his head slowly. My heart soared. I would be able to tell my mommy how much I loved her and missed her. I would also be able to say a proper goodbye. I heard Persephone sigh and say,

"Hades, dear, I would tell you off, but I want to see the boy be happy."  I watched Demeter nod her head, agreeing with her daughter. Hades eye lit up. You could tell that his wife didn't usually agree with his ideas, and he would listen to her. Hades stood up, as we were still sitting on the floor, having just finished breakfast. He smiled widely and scooped me up. I giggled. Persephone stood up too, also with a smile on her face. She grabbed me from Hades and balanced me on her hip. Hades grabbed her free hand and gently pulled her out of my room. We pushed past Demeter, who had an weird expression on her face. It was a mix of disgust and joy.

Hades pulled us out of his palace and through a creepy looking landscape. He pulled us past a giant threeheaded dog and to a peaceful looking neighborhood. Once we got there he slowed down. Then I noticed a fence around the neighborhood. Hades stood outside the fence and whistled. The fence opened up and created and entrance. Hades motioned for Persephone to walk in first, so she did. I was still balanced on her hips, so I went in with her. Hades didn't follow us, he just stood outside of the fence still with a giant smile on his face. I looked and him with a confused expression.

"Oh don't worry about me, I don't like going into Elysium. And the people there don't like me very much. It better this way. Your mom is in house 109. Take 2 lefts and a right. I will wait here for you two." Persephone set me down gently and I grabbed her hand. We walked though Elysium, as Hades had called it, slowly. Two lefts and a right later, we found a house marked '109'. I walked up to it and gently knocked on the door, Persephone standing behind me. About a 30 seconds the door swung open to reveal my mommy. When she saw me, her mouth dropped open in disbelief.

"Hi mommy." I said. I had to resist the urge to run up to her and give her a giant hug.

"Perseus? My baby boy? What are you doing here? You didn't die, did you?" She said through tears.

"No mommy, I didn't die. Uncle Hades is letting me visit you so I can say a proper goodbye. I really miss you mommy." I started to cry, "I love you so much and I am so sorry you died, I hope you are happy here."

"Oh Percy, I love you too sweetheart. I am happy here, but I miss you so very much." She kneeled down and tried to hug me, but she passed thorugh me. That's when I realized that she was a ghost. She no longer had a body, just a soul. I was freaked out for a moment, but then I remembered that she was my mom, even if she was a ghost.

"Mommy, I love you so much and I will miss you forever, but I think I have to go." I didn't know what made me say it, I wanted to spend as much time with my mommy as possible, but something in my gut told me it was time to leave.

"What already? Why? Are you scared of me? Oh Percy..."

"No mommy, that's not it! I..uh...I have a gut feeling telling me to go." She turned away from me.

"Fine leave me. It's not like I care anyways." My mommy said stiffly, not turning to face me. I felt bad for hurting her feelings, but she was acting very childish.

"Mommy, I love you. I really do I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. But I really have to go!" My mommy didn't answer, she just turned around, glared at me and slammed the door in my face.

I was too shocked to cry. I scrunched my eyebrows and turned away from house 109. I had forgotten all about Persephone, but she was standing behind me with a expression of disbelief on her face. I started walking away from my mom's house, if she didn't want to see me, I wouldn't force her to. As I passed her, I grabbed Persephone's hand. As I left the yard of house 109, I turned back and looked at the house. I saw the curtain move and saw my mom watching me through the window with tear streaked cheeks. So she did care, but it was already too late. I needed to go, the gut feeling I got while talking to my mom had only gotten stronger.

"Good bye mommy, I love you." I whispered as I left the yard. I don't know if Persephone heard me or not, but she didn't say anything. She led me out of Elysium, and when we were almost out, I turned to her and asked,

"If uncle Hades asks, can you tell him that nothing interesting happened?"

"Sure Percy, but may I ask why?"

"Well when he wanted me to see my mom, he wanted to be nice to me, and he will probaly feel bad if we told him that anything went wrong."

"I guess you're right. Okay, I won't tell him." Then she mimed zipping her lips shut. I mimicked her, and then we both burst out laughing. She scooped me up and carried me out of Elysium. I guess I had to go to Olympus now. Yay.

HI! I'm back! How do you like this chapter? I do not think it is my best, but I want to know what you think. The word count is 990. The next chapter will be up soon!