Chapter 12

Quick authors note. I'm pretty sure Smeltings is a boarding school, but for the purpose of this story, it's not going to be. Ok, thanks for reading! Also, Harry's one year younger than Percy, and Dudley is Percy's age, and this is happening around Percy's time, not Harry's, but Voldemort is still a problem. Does that even make sense? Anyways, Thanks again!

I didn't remember anything from my life before the orphanage except that my mom had died when I was 7, and my dad thought I was a mistake. I had ADHD and Dyslexia, and even though I had lived in London for as long as I could remember, I spoke with an American accent.

Tomorrow was going to be my first day at my new school, Smeltings. Smeltings was a very rigorous private school, that cost a lot of money. However, I could afford going because whoever had left me at the orphanage had also left a lot of money. They seemed to know that I would end up getting kicked out of every school I went to, and apparently they wanted to make sure I got a good education.

I examined myself in the orphanages only mirror. I looked ridiculous. Smelting boys wore orange knickerbockers, a maroon tailcoat, and flat straw hats called boaters. I already knew that I would get teased, but I would defend myself. Which would lead to me getting kicked out of Smeltings, just like every other school I had been to. I sighed and walked back to my room. I shared my room with 2 other boys, but I didn't mind. That's what living in an orphanage is.

Alexander and Henry, my roommates, were twins, but they looked nothing alike. Alexander was short, had black hair, and brown eyes, but his brother, Henry was tall, had light brown hair and dull green eyes. They also had a sister, Olivia. She had blue eyes, was normal height and had blonde hair. She shared a room with Sammy and Kate. They had been here the longest, and even though they can from different families, they looked the exact same. They both had curly golden hair and forest green eyes. Alexander, Henry, Olivia, Sammy, Kate and I were the oldest in the orphanage. Alexander and Henry were 11. Olivia was 14. Sammy was already 12, but Kate was going to turn 12 in 3 days. I had turned 12 on August 18, which had been 27 days ago. It was now September 4th.

Overall, there were 15 kids in the orphanage. It was overcrowded, but we were all as happy as one could be without parents. I loved everyone here as much as I would have loved any of my own siblings.

As I entered our room, I shook out of myself out of my thoughts. I walked over to my bed and flopped down on it. Our room was surprisingly comfy for an orphanage. Alexander and Henry had a bunk bed, and I had my own bed. I also had my own nightstand. On my nightstand was a water bottle, a photo of everyone in the orphanage on one of our trips and a lamp.

My bed had soft teal sheets, a white throw blanket and a mostly white comforter with blue and green wave patterns. My bed was the comfiest in the house because I had convinced Madame Wool, the kind old headmistress of our orphanage, to use my education money to buy me some nice bedding. I had also bought some extra blankets for the orphanage, but there wasn't enough for everyone.

I sat up as I heard someone enter the room. It was Alexander. He looked me up and down and started giggling. I looked down at my outfit to realize that I was still wearing my uniform. I looked back up at Alexander and sighed,

"It's horrid isn't it? I'm going to have to wear this everyday!" To emphasize my point I flopped back onto my bed. My over dramatic-ness caused Alexander to laugh even harder. Olivia walked into the room,

"Alexander, have you grabbed the blankets...." Her sentence dropped at the end as she saw Alexander laughing his head of and me, still flopped out on my bed. She did a double take on my outfit.

"Oh my. Percy, that outfit is horrible! What has gotten into you?" I sat up and gave her the stink eye,

"Really Olivia? You think I want to wear this?"

"Why else would you wear it?"

"Oh let me think...Maybe it's my new school uniform." Her eye widened in realization.

"Oh Percy! You poor thing! You have to wear that to school?"

"Yes, the only good thing about it is that everyone else will be wearing the same thing."

"Perseus, you better not get expelled again."

"Olivia, you better not use my full name again."

"Seriously Percy. I don't want you to get into any more trouble. Promise you'll at least try."

"I do try. I really do. It's just soooo hard!" I looked at her with my pouty face. According to Henry, I looked like a baby seal. Olivia sighed and sat down next to me. She grabbed my hands in a sisterly way.

"Percy, you're like my third brother. I don't like seeing you expelled every year. Please try hard this year. And change out of that ridiculous uniform." She let go of my hands and got up. As she walked out she said,

"Alexander, grab your blankets. You too, Percy. We are having movie night tonight." She walked out as Alexander stripped his bed and ran out of the room, following his sister. I stood up and walked over to our shared closet. I looked at my clothes and choose a t shirt and some shorts. I owned one pair of pajamas, but that was okay because I would usually sleep in my day clothes. After I finished changing, I found some hangers and hung my uniform so it didn't have wrinkles tomorrow. I grabbed my comforter and throw blanket and hurried out of the room for movie night.

Madame Wool allowed us to have movie night once a month during the summer, and during any break during the school year. Tonight we were watching the little mermaid. I loved the little mermaid. For some unknown reason, I hated Ariel's dad, Triton. I felt as though he had robbed me of something that I could have had.

When the movie was finished, Madame Wool hurried us off to bed. I stayed behind to help her clean up, after all, 15 kids can create a big mess. When we were done cleaning, she stopped me for a second,

"Percy,thanks for helping. I really appreciate it. Would you like me to drive you to your new school tomorrow?" I nodded politely and ran off.

As I fell asleep, I thought about school tomorrow. I had the same feeling I had before every new school, nervousness. This time, however, there was another feeling one I couldn't quite identify, but it felt as though my life was about to change.

Sorry I didn't update sooner. Word count is 1300. Hope you liked it.