Chapter 9

The closer we got to the storm, the more nervous I felt. I remembered Mr. Lightning, and how he had threaten to smite me. I thought about the power I had felt around that metal cylinder. The storm reminded me of that feeling. I didn't really want to walk into it, but I couldn't help it. It felt as though my legs were walking on their own, my gut pulling me towards the storm.

Then the ground started shaking. It caught me by surprise and I fell over. Apollo stumbled but Demeter didn't seem to notice the grounds change in mood and kept walking. Apollo helped me up and we jogged to catch up with Demeter, who hadn't stopped walking. The ground started shaking more violently, but I didn't fall over this time. It was hard to stay balanced with the ground shaking, I kept stumbling. I noticed that Apollo was having the same problem, yet Demeter was walking perfectly fine.

After I had tripped for the 20th time I started to get frustrated. I wished the stupid ground would STOP shaking. Miraculously, the ground obeyed and stopped shaking. Demeter and Apollo both stopped walking and looked at the ground, then they looked up at me. Demeters eyes widened, as though she understood something. Apollo, however, was squinting at me like he didn't get it. Demeter glanced at Apollo, who looked up at her a moment later. He still looked very confused. Demeter rolled her eyes and mouthed later.  Apollo nodded and continued walking, so I followed.

After what seemed like forever, we reached the storm. To my surprise, it wasn't raining, just very cloudy. Lightning hit the ground right in front of me, followed almost immediately by thunder. I jumped backwards, and fell right into Apollo.

"Woah, Watch out cuz." He said as he steadied me.

"Ok," I said. My voice came out quieter than I expected. Apollo looked worried.

"Are you OK Percy? You sound sick." I nodded. I felt fine, just uneasy. Apollo didn't look convinced but he said,

"OK cuz, I believe you. If you start to feel sick, just tell me. Do you understand?" I nodded again and we continued walking.

After walking for another minute or so, we started to hear yelling. It was in another language, so I didn't understand, but it sounded like the language Apollo and Demeter were speaking in earlier. I snuck a quick glance in their direction, and noticed them looking at each other. They could obviously understand the yelling. At first, I wanted to know what was being said, but then I saw Demeters face, and my wish to know what was being said evaporated. Her face was full of doubt and nervousness. I did not want to know what she was hearing that made her look so worried.

Finally, after what seemed like an hour of walking, I saw the two people who were yelling at each other. It was my jerk father and Mr. Lightning. I sighed. I really didn't want to see my "dad", and he probably didn't want to see me. Just then, I heard Apollo whisper to Demeter,

"They are fighting about him, what should we do?"

Before I could stop myself, words fell out of my mouth.
" Fighting about me?"

The yelling stopped. I could feel 4 pairs of eyes swivel in my direction. My eyes widened. Poop. Apparently, I spoke very loudly too. I could tell my cheeks were very red. 

"Ok, I'll just go now..." and before anyone could register what had happened, I ran out of the room. Just after I left, yelling started again, except this time there were four voices instead of two.

I didn't run for very long, though I could have. I stopped when I realized I didn't know where I was. I mean I knew I was on Olympus, but where was Olympus? It could be in another country for all I know. After that realization, I decided to sit down right  where I was. Someone would find me eventually. My mommy always told me that if I ever got lost, it would be easier for someone to find me.

I wasn't sitting for long before I fell asleep. It seemed like I had been sleeping a lot lately. I didn't usually sleep so much. Oh well.

I jerked awake with a start. At first I didn't remember where I was, but then everything came flooding back to me. I assumed I hadn't been asleep long, as nobody had found me yet.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, I started to hear talking. There were 2 female voices, so I knew it wasn't my ugly seaweed brained father.

Once again, I couldn't understand what was being said. Why did everyone here speak a different language? Maybe Olympus was in another country! I was so distracted by my own thoughts that I didn't realize the ladies who were speaking were right next to me until one of them tripped over me. Apparently they hadn't noticed me either.

"Poseidon! What are you doing by my library? I told you to stay away! Could you not hear me through all the water in your ears?"

I looked up into intimidating gray eyes. The lady speaking scared me, so naturally I started crying.

"Oh don't think your little boy act will fool me! I am the goddess of wisdom! Nothing can get past me!" I heard a snort coming from the second lady.

"Oh, very intimidating Athena. Really. Nothing can get past me! Even though I just tripped over you! Haha!"

The first lady, now deemed 'Athena' , quickly stood up, while blushing.

"Oh come on Artemis, you're supposed to be on my side." 

I looked between the two women. They were very amusing. Personally, I thought they were acting like an old married couple. Despite my crying not even a minute earlier, I giggled. Both of the ladies looked at me again.

"Seriously Poseidon. You do not make a convincing little kid. Get away from my library."

A voiced came from behind me.
"Oi, don't talk to Percy like that!"

I am so sorry for the long wait. I feel terrible. I hope you can forgive me.

I want to thank everyone for reading this, because I have reached 1k reads, which is 1K more than I ever could have imagined.

This chapter is 1050 words long. I hope you liked it! I will try to update within the week.

Btw, the Dursleys will be here soon.