Chapter 5

P/O/T/A/T/O/E/S/ (I couldn't think of anything so you get potatoes)

Mal's POV

We all stand there awkwardly. I cradle my hand to my chest suddenly aware of the pounding pain in my wrist and my shoulder. The half of my injured face is also pounding with pain. My whole body aches and there is no comfortable way to stand. I try to stand still because if I move too much it sets off something alarm like and my body shoots with pain. I also have to remember not to lock my knees. If you lock your knees for too long you can cut off the circulation and pass out. I found that out the hard way. Ben introduces us to someone by the man of Doug and he directs us to our rooms. (I'll show what happened with Doug another chapter in Evie's POV) I hesitate before opening the door. I close my eyes and let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I open the door and hear Evie gasp. I open my eyes and I'm speechless. Everything was clean and perfect. I close the door behind me. I run my finger through some fabric. It's silky smooth. Evie was curiously searching the rest of the room. She opens many things and lets out a few squeals. I go over to the bright pink bed. My finger roam over the soft sheets and I'm stunned. How could anything be so amazing? I lay down if the bed and I sigh. It's way more comfortable than my old bed at the isle. I shiver at the thought and my eyes close to their own accord. I was so tired emotionally, physically, and mentally. I force myself to get up and find Evie. My mind screams at me to go back to the amazing cloud-like bed and sleep forever. I find her in an astonishing bathroom. I start to wonder if we accidentally got the wrong room. This seemed to be more fit for a princess rather than a villain kid. I slide my jacket off as beads of sweat start forming on my face. I walking out and see a closet full of beautiful dress and skirts and much more. Evie emerges from out of the Bathroom and smiles sadly at my bare arms. Not only do they hold many cuts and bruises but also cuts on my wrist of more meaning. Not cuts made by my mother. I shake my head trying to get that image out of my head. I hear a small rapid knock and then the door opens. I jump as I scramble around for something to cover my arms. Belle gasps at the sight of my arms and her hands go up to her mouth. My eyes widen as do Evies and me face turns bright red.

"What happened to you?" Belle's voice wanders as she speaks.

Her eyes fill with tears and I wrap my arms around myself. I shift my weight to my uninjured foot. She grabs us into a tight hug. We tense up not knowing how to respond. We've never had this kind of affection. It's something I've always craved from my mother. Evie relaxes into her. Maybe if we do what out parents want they might be proud of us. We would make them happy and we would get to rule with them. They would take pride in who we are and gives us that affection we have always wanted. Bella pulls away after god knows when. Her tear-filled eyes bored into mine.

"Don't ever be afraid to come talk to any of us. We are here to help you. If you need medical attention I can bring you to our best nurses and doctors . I may not know what happened but I would love to help you."

She grabs my wrist and trails her finger along the many scars, bruises, scratches, and cuts. Tears of my own fall from my eyes. Why are the being so nice and generous? My wimper as I loose balance and I fall to the ground clutching my ankle. Bella gasps and in seconds is down to the ground next me. Evie is frozen as if she's stuck in her own mind. She stares blankly at the ground unmoving.

"Mal? Honey are you okay? What happened?" Bella's worried voice says in a rush.

"I'm fine." I whisper back very confused.

She pulls up my pant leg and she mumbles

"oh my god" under her breath.

The ugly bruise on my ankle has grown worse. It's double its original size and the bruise is black, blue, and a very deep purple. It's all around my ankle and it's throbbing with an unforgiving unbearable pain. I bite my lip to hold in a scream as it makes it way to my lips.

"Stay here I'll be right back."

I sitting there trying to hold in tears. My eyes move up to see my best friend silently crying. He beautiful face turns into one of Anguish, pain, and sorrow.

"Evie.. don't cry what's wrong?"

"I can't believe all this!" She sobs out.

"I know me either." I reply.

"They been so great to us so far and they barely even know us. I don't understand it."

It's probably false hope. They'll give up on us eventually. We'll be back at the isle in no time at all. Belle comes back with a first aid kit. She carefully takes off my shoe and my sock. She tightly wraps it with some sort of cloth and then places an ice pack on it. She gives me a pill and some water.

"Its pain medication."

I gingerly brigh it to my lips and take a large gulp of water. I slip my shoe back on with the ice pack inside. By this time Evie is sitting beside me with her head resting on my shoulder. Belle cleans my cuts and wraps the as well. My wrist and arms are full of bandaids and gauze. I put back on my jacket and look at Belle. I was amazed at the very least.

"Thank you." My strangled voice whispers out.

"It's not problem. It's supper time let me show you the way to the cafeteria. If you ever need anything don't you ever be afraid to ask for help. We are here to help."

i cock my head at her. Reason 1 being curious about her positive attitude toward us. Reason 2 what was supper?

Imma end it here. Tell me what you think! Please leave a comment and like dis chapter. Tell me what you would like see. Hope you guys enjoyed. Thanks loves for all the support and such. Ok bye now!