Chapter 8

/S/M/A/L/L/ /B/O/B/ (don't ask)

Mal's POV

I wake up warm and comfortable. I'm snuggled deeply into a silk comforter and a fuzzy blanket. I open my eyes and morning sun is streaming through the window. Evie is sleeping peacefully. Wait a minute, this is the first time in forever (hahaha kill me now) that I've slept with any nightmares or waking up to mass chaos. Wait how did I get here? Ahh confusion! I must've fallen asleep watching that beautiful sunset. My fingers itch to paint out the scene from last night. The image is still vivid in my mind. I sit up and squint my eyes. I get up whimpering slightly as I put weight on my injured ankle. I walk to the bathroom and look in the mirror. My face is starting to heal a bit. My cheeks are flushed slightly. My hair is everywhere and my jacket is falling off. I groan and limp back to my bed. I grab my suit case and grabs some clothes. I take a quick shower. Can I say HOLY MOLY?! The water was nice and warm and there was this thing called shampoo and conditioner. I used the shampoo and conditioner that was strawberry and vanilla scented. I didn't care to look at what body was scented. The water stings my cuts but it also feels so good. Afterwards I get dressed. I wear dark grey leggings and combats boots. I put on the wrappings and bandages. I have a black shirt on with my leather jacket over it. Despite the fact my hair is wet, it's still impossible. I walk out and Evie look up at me. I smile shyly at her. She frowns and walks over to me.

"Your hair is a mess!" She fusses.

I roll my eyes. She forces me to sit as she runs a brush through my hair. I close my eyes and let her work her magic. My hair has braids on both sides of my head and meet in the back. My hair falls in their curls. Expect they are tame. Evie begs me to allow her to put makeup on me. Hahaha nope. She pouts.

"You're no fun!" She complains.

I laugh and then whimper. Ugh my ribs are killing me. Evie is dress in a dark blue dress that goes to her knees. She wears tights and a black leather jacket. Her hair is in perfect ringlets that fall perfectly in place. She wears high heeled shoes. How can she do that? I can even walk in a straight line without falling and I'm not even wearing those death traps! A knock on the door makes us both jump. Ben's girlfriend steps in. Uh what was her name? I can't remember. She glares at me.

"Lets go you dirty no goods. Also Mal keep your paws off my man. Got it? I will personally deal with you myself if I have to. Okay?" She smiles sweetly.

I gulp and simply nod.

"Now lets go to breakfast!" She squeals and we follow her.

After we serve ourselves we sit next to Jay and Carlos. Ben and Doug also sit by us. As does what's-her-face. She snuggles into Ben who lets out a growl. I jump startled. Did her just... growl at her? She pulls away and stares at him. Everyone stops eating and stares at him.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Screams the girl whose name I don't remember.

"huh?" Ben looks up confused.

"You just... growled at her." Says Carlos.

I hold back laughter as I see her highness's face. Ben blushes but doesn't look sorry.

"Benny Boo. We need to have a little talk. Right Now."

Ben nervously laughs. She grabs his hand and leads him away. The table bursts out in laughter. I clutch my chest. Ow it hurts to laugh. CLICK! I hear the sound of a camera. Wait a minute what?

Ben's POV

What did I just do? She stops and I look at Audrey. She's dramaticly sobbing.

"Why would you do that to me? Don't you ever do that to me again! You made me look like a fool! Yu are supposed to treat me with respect. I am a princess after all!" She continues to blabble on.

Her high strill voice is staring to give me a headache.

"Can't you just shut up?" I snap and immediately regret it.

Her face turns murderous. GREAT JOB BEN!

"Excuse you! What did you just say? I am your girlfriend. Not some peasant! Don't you even love me anymore"

"Audrey. You are the most impossible person that I've ever met. You are so needy and you expect a lot from me. Look I'm trying my best here! I'm sorry that I can not please you your highness. You know what? Maybe we should see other people. To be honest I'm so done with you and everything about you" I'm such a genius. Not.

"Did you just... break up with me?" She sobs.

"Maybe I did." Well I'm sure feeing brace today.

"You will pay for this Ben. You'll fell my wrath and it won't be pretty. You're so dead Ben. Watch your back."

She walks off fuming. What did I just do? I'm such an idiot. I'm also free! Oh what am I going to tell my parents? Wait what is she going to tell the school? Oh my goodness. She is probably going to twist up the story and make me seem like the bad guy. I sign and slump up against a locker. What have I done?