Chapter 13

Mal's POV

After a few days of being held hostage in that horrible place called a hospital, we are released. I now sit in 8th period art class. My hair is pulled out of my face and into a ponytail. My face is just starting to heal and look quite a bit better than before. I work on my silhouette painting for art. I'm mixed colors together to make colors for twilight. No not the books or movies and definitely not that pony. Evie and I accidentally clicked on that show when trying to pick out a movie to watch. We both didn't know how to work the remote. Long story short we suffered many painful hours of bright singing ponies. I shiver at the thought. I first paint purples going into a magenta going into a light pink and finally a soft orange. I blend then together and add in a few clouds. I wait for the paint to dry in ten background before moving onto the mountain. The mountains go completely across the painting and are rocky and rigid. Tree of all sizes are lined up upon the mountain and a sun is fading behind them. A moon and serval small stars are more towards the top of the canvas. After I'm completely satisfied I go to wash out my palette and paint brushes. After I'm done with that I go put them in my cubby 13A. I walk back to my seat and sit down I see of what to do. I hesitate before raising my hand. It only takes a few moments for Mrs. Kamps to notice and come over to me. She smiles at me.

"Yes Mal?"

"I'm finished with my painting. What should I do next?" I ask.

She gasps and picks up my painting.

"This is beautiful. After I'm done grading this many I have this to use as an example?"

I simply nod too shocked to speak. We have to self evaluate ourselves next. Hurray! I fill out the paper and give both the canvas and sheet of paper to the teacher. I sit down again in my seat and start reading The Outsiders. I grab my packet questions and finish my homework for literature. I next do my science and then Languages Arts. After what seems like forever the bell rings and I'm off to my last period of the day. Social Studies. It the only class that all four of us have together. Evie and I have a few other classes together. Well if you count lunch as a class we have that together. Oh yes and the stupid goodness class thingy that I can't remember the name of. After school Friday Belle wants to meet with us. That's two days awaay from now. I got nervous even thinking about it. I take a deep breath and walk into geography. Today we present. This year the students will take part in a fun assignment which is going to give us an opportunity to "show and tell" our dream vacation this project, we had to create a "Google Slides" presentation showing the "Dream Vacation" that we are dreaming of taking in the future. It was actually a lot of fun! The whole project is worth 60 total points! I'm after some girl named Cassie who is presenting right now. She wants to go to Greece and I'm pretty sure that she'll get an A. (Cassie may or may not be me but a bit different). I just picked a random cliche place and researched things to do there and tourist attractions and such. Heck I don't even remember the name of it. I walk up and Mrs. Muller nods encouragingly at me.

"Pompeii, Italy."

Mount Vesuvius, a volcano near the Bay of Naples in Italy, is hundreds of thousands of years old and has erupted more than 50 times. Its most famous eruption took place in the year 79 A.D., when the volcano buried the ancient Roman city of Pompeii under a thick carpet of volcanic ash. The dust "poured across the land" like a flood, one witness wrote, and shrouded the city in "a darkness...like the black of closed and unlighted rooms." Two thousand people died, and the city was abandoned for almost as many years. When a group of explorers rediscovered the site in 1748, they were surprised to find that–underneath a thick layer of dust and debris–Pompeii was mostly intact. The buildings, artifacts and skeletons left behind in the buried city have taught us a great deal about everyday life in the ancient world. Isn't that just a cheerful topic? I finish and everyone claps. I hope that I did okay. The bell rings and we bolt for the door. We decided that we are going out of ice cream. Yay! I put my bag in my locker and meet up with the other three. We walk to there and order. I get a strawberry ice cream. I'm golfing it down when I see someone staring to approach us. Oh no. Audrey smiles at us creepily.

"Hey guys."

so imma end it here. So uh I got some good news! I got a scholarship for my school! Who knew that my writing skills could help me out so much? I didn't think that I would be selected out of over 5,645 people. I'm an okay writer. I'm not anyhing special but that still makes me excited. Also my teacher asked for a copy of all my essays that I wrote this year for example. Okay anyways if you liked this please review. It means a lot.

~Twilightwolf913