Chapter 12

Belle's POV

Over the course of these past few days I've fallen in love with these children. I can't help but feeling protective of them. They've been damaged and hurt. Jay was mostly okay expect for a broken leg. He has a blue cast on. Evie had a broken wrist and a few bad cuts that we managed to clean and cover. Carlos had some bones that had to be set sometime. He had many scars littering his body. The had mostly bruised stuff but nothing was horrible. Mal was another story. She has three broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a sprained shoulder. She hand countless bruises, cuts, and scars. She was bandaged all over but bruises still poked through them. They all had emotional scars. That's the one thing we can't heal. I would do anything to take their pain away. It broke my heart hearing Mal scream and cry after waking up from a nightmare. I'm glad that they all had a check up to make sure that everything is okay. Mal is asleep with Ben in her room. The other three are in Evie's room along with Doug. They are eating right now. They've been instructed to stay here for a few days just to be safe. I smile watching them joke and laugh. They all look exhausted and have a constant sad look of their faces. I would think even the worst of villains have to love their children, but after hearing Mal's story I felt no remorse for sending them off to the isle. I only felt shame for keeping the children there for so long. I'd never even given it a thought. I walk to Mal's room and see that she's fallen asleep. I walk in and my son looks up at me.

"Hey mom." He says.

"Hello Ben."

I sit next to Mal and hold her cold hand in my warm one. She looks so peaceful and at ease in her sleep. Evie, Jay, and Carlos all seemed to be extremely worried about her. I couldn't help but agreeing with them. She's barely eaten anything and doesn't stay conscious for long. The doctors say it the medication. I look at this broken angel and my heart aches.

"Mom?" I look up at my son.

"hmm?"

"What happened to them? Who did this?" He questions.

"I think that when they are ready. They'll tell you. Just treat them with a lot of respect. Take care of them and look out for them. A lot has happened to them and they didn't deserve it. Trust me Ben we will help them get justice."

He nods but I can see the curiosity burning behind his eyes. Mal whimpers and stirs in her sleep. She reaches out for something and I grab her hand.

"Mom?" She whimpers out.

I don't think of it as much but I want to. She's probably just derlious because of the medication. Her face twists suddenly.

"Shush Mal it's okay. Don't worry honey you're safe. Everything is okay. Just relax." I say.

She slumps into the bed and her green eyes flutter open.

"Morning Sleepy Head." Ben jokes chuckling.

She blushes and yawns. She stretches and looks around the room.

"Where is Evie, Jay, and Carlos?" She asks.

"In Evie's room. Would you like me to go get them?" I reply.

"Yes please." She sheepishly says.

I nod and walk down the hall to her room. I knock and the door opens. Carlos opens the door and steps to the side so I can enter. I tell the that Mal is awake and she would like to see them. They exchange a look before bolting to the door. They run to her room.

"Mal!" Evie screeches before hugging her.

Mal returns the gesture and holds herself tightly to Evie.

"Evie." She whispers out.

I lightly tap on Ben's shoulder and gesture to the door. He nods and stands up.

"Hey we are going to give you guys some alone time. If you need anything just let us know."

They nods and we step out.

Mal's POV

My whole body hurts. My ankle is inflamed and every throbs and aches. My ribs are full of pure agony with every breath I take. Evie pulls away.

"Guys. What are we supposed to do about our parents? They are expecting us to get the the magic wand. How are we supposed to pull that off?" I ask.

They look at the ground. None of us wanted to do it. None of us wanted to be punished for failing out parents either. This was more of a lose lose situation. I didn't want to steal the wand and concur this place which welcomed us in and helped us out so much. They've been kind and have shown us so much. Well expect for some people... cough cough Audrey cough. I shouldn't be complaining though. We've had much worse.

"We don't want to upset them. I would want to come home to uh.. you know. The yelling and screaming and then doing much worse. I hate failing them. Not matter how much they've hurt us. I still hate disappointed them." Jay says.

I nod my head in agreement. I've always tried my best to impress my mother. I wanted her approval. I remember thinking that if I do something right she'll be proud. I would get to see her beaming at me. Maybe she would take pride in me. She would accept me as her daughter and she would treat me like a human. We would do evil things together and have fun. Now is my only chance. It's our only chance. We can't mess it up.

"We can't mess this up. This is our only chance to prove to our parents that we are evil. That we are rotten to the core. We will show them. Once we do we will be ruling over all of Aurdon right by our parents side."

They look at me with hopeful eyes. Just the thought of them being proud of us made me shiver. Yet one question kept coming to mind. What if I'm not actually as evil as I'm supposed to be or as evil as I want/have to be?

I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a review and tell me what you thought.

Question: Favorite Book.

hahaha nope I can't pick one. I've read way too many. I'm a huge reader. In fact just from the start of this year I've already read 25 books. I'm trying to read 100 this whole year so feel leave suggestions of books!

~Twilightwolf13