EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT - HAPPY NEWS

Hera Nyvell walked towards Bran chamber, excitement bubbling up inside of her. Bran had awoken not long ago, just after Lady Catelyn had left Winterfell. She was excited to finally speak to him again, for she had truly missed him. Just as she appeared outside his chamber, so did Robb.

"First time seeing him?" He asked curiously.

Hera nodded. "I wanted to prepare what I was going to say."

Robb's lips lifted up into a small smile. "Trust me, he would be happy even if you didn't talk." Hera lifted an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. She looked at the door, waiting for Robb to enter first. "Ladies first" Robb said while gesturing towards the door.

Old Nan was sitting at the side of Bran's bed, telling Bran a tale. Bran's eyes were wide as he listened to the old woman. "What are you telling him now?" Robb jokingly asked, making their presence known. Bran's eyes snapped to Robb and Hera, instantly relaxing. Hera walked over to the other side of his bed, a smile covering her face. She sat down on his bed before leaning over and kissing his forehead.

"I'm glad you're okay" she whispered so that only Bran heard it. He had lost the use of his legs from the fall, and he would never walk again. Hera knew that it crushed him, especially since his dream was to become a soldier.

"Only what the little Lord wants to hear" Old Nan answered Robb. Robb nodded slowly.

"Get your supper, I want some time with him." Old Nan left the chamber after that, leaving only three people left in the chamber.

Robb sat down where Old Nan had sat, smiling softly at Bran. "One time she told me the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant called Macomber." He attemted to lighten Bran's mood, but it didn't seem to work.

"Maybe we do" Bran answered quietly.

Robb lifted his blue eyes, meeting Hera's green ones. They shared a sad look. They both felt really bad for Bran, and they wanted to help him feel better.

"How do you feel? You still don't remember anything?" Robb asked, recieving a shake of the head from Bran. Robb sighed. "I've seen you climb a thousand times. In the wind, in the rain... A thousand times. You never fall."

"I did though." Bran looked down at his legs, a sad expression taking over his face. "It's true isn't it? What Maester Luwin says about my legs?" He looked up at Robb and Hera for an answer. Hera nodded her head slowly, a grim expression taking over her face.

"I'd rather be dead."

Hera's eyes snapped to Bran's face, seeing his face void of emotion. Shock rippled through her whole body. She couldn't believe what she just heard him say. A big lump formed in her throat as she glanced at Robb who looked devastated to hear what his brother said.