TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE - SECRET MURDER

Be one with the shadows. Those words echoed through Hera's mind as she tried her best to not be seen as she were walking towards the cell where the Lannister boys were held. She knew that they hadn't been fed that well, and that they were probably really hungry, so she took it upon herself to bring them something to eat that wasn't dry bread.

As she arrived outside the cell, she was met with a guard who looked grumpy. She put a smile onto her face to help with bribing the guard to let her in without telling Robb. The guard bowed respectfully to her. "Your grace," he greeted her. She almost did a double-take, but proceeded to remember that she was married to a king. She almost chuckled to herself. I don't think I'll ever get used to it, she thought.

"Are you tired?" Hera asked the guard. He shook his head quickly.

"I'm doing my duty," he answered.

Hera hummed before she fished some golden coins out from a pouch she carried with her. She grabbed his hand and placed the coins into his palm. "Go take a break," she told the guard. He nodded strictly.

"Yes, your grace," he muttered before he scurried away.

Hera cocked an eyebrow. "Well, that was easier than expected," she muttered under her breath. She looked to both of her sides to make sure no one saw her, before quietly entering the cell.

The boys were sitting on the floor against the wall, and they both looked up when she entered. Both their eyes widened, and they seemed to be a bit scared around her. However, she gave them soft smiles as she removed her hood from over her head, and that seemed to somewhat calm them down.

"I brought you something," Hera told them as she took out the cakes she had been hiding inside her coat. She crounched down in front of them, reaching out her hands for them to take the cakes. Their eyes widened once thay saw the food, and they instantly reached out to grab them. They hummed in pleasure once they had bit into the cakes, causing Hera to smile. "Much better than bread, right?"

The oldest boy nodded quickly. Hera snickered. "I stole them from the kitchen, don't tell anyone."

"Thank you," he said shyly with his mouth full of cakes. Hera nodded in response.

"You're Robb Stark's wife, right?" the oldest boy asked.

Hera nodded with raised eyebrows. "I am."

"Is it true what they say about him?" the youngest boy asked.

Hera's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but she was intrigued. "What do they say about him?"

"That he can turn into a wolf at night, and he eats the flesh of his enemies."

She felt like laughing at the rumor. That is the first time she had heard about it, and she found it stupidly funny. However, she decided to play along. "It's all true," she told the boys, and smirked to herself when their eyes widened.

"They also say that you can summon shadowcats that you use to kill and devour your enemies," the oldest said.

"True," she said simply. The rumor wasn't true at all, but it would be cool if it was.

Their eyes yet again widened by her response. The stories seemed to excite them, and that's when Hera remembered that they were still children, and children love stories. "You're Lannisters?" she asked them.

"Martyn Lannister," the oldest one introduced himself. "And that is my brother, Willem Lannister."

"Well," Hera said. "It's nice to meet you, even though it's under bad circumstances."

"Hopefully the war ends soon," Martyn Lannister mumbled before biting into another piece of cake.

Hera nodded. "Hopefully."

She sat there for a bit longer, until all the cakes were eaten, but that's when she decided that she needed to get going before Robb noticed where she was. She bid the boys goodbye before leaving their cell.

As she returned to the courtyard, Lord Karstark and a couple of other men walked past her, towards the cells. There weren't that many people outside, as it was late in the evening. She didn't think about it at first, and therefore just brushed it off. However, when she heard a familiar scream coming from one of the cells, realisation dawned upon her. He was going to hurt the boys.

Hera gasped before yelling at the top of her lungs. "GUARDS!"

She didn't wait for them to come, because she knew that even just one second too long could mean the difference in life or death. She sprinted as fast as she could, her sword in her hand, ready to use if need be. She knew that guards were hot on her heels because she could hear their yelling.

As their cell entered her line of vision, she felt herself growing sick as she saw Willem on the ground dead, and she arrived just in time to see Lord Karstark slit Martyn's throat. He fell to the ground, choking on his own blood. Hera felt tears well up in her eyes, and she suppressed the urge to scream.

She was quick on her feet, and before anyone could react, she had ran up to Lord Karstark. Her sword went straight to his throat, and she held him by his hair. He stiffened in her grip in shock, and it seemed like none of the other men with him had expected her to appear either. However, they wouldn't dare touch their queen.

Hera was seething. Her blade was pressed harshly against his throat, and she was pulling his grey hair so hard that she wouldn't be surprised if he started to bleed.

She glared daggers at the other men, and her eyes held such a murderous look that they shivered. She gritted her teeth in anger. "Anyone makes a move, and I'll slit his throat."

-

A/N: Gosh, where to start? First of all, hi! If any of you are still reading this book, then I just want to say thank you so much. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if no one reads this chapter since it's been so long since I last updated. There really is no excuse. I've just been lazy and had zero inspiration. I didn't want to write a chapter when I didn't have any inspiration, because then the chapter wouldn't be good. That's why I took a break and waited until I found my motivation again, and guess what, it's starting to come back! I managed to write this chapter, so I think I'll manage to write more chapters as well. I'm not giving up on this book, so you can expect another chapter soon!

Also, I think it's important to just tell you that I recently changed my username from -Snowstorm to happyhoseokie. I'm not going to change the book cover even though my old username is on it, because I like it too much haha. I hope that clears up any confusion!

Thank you so so much for reading, and I hope you don't hate me for taking a break!