SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN - PEACE TERMS

Hera hadn't spoken to Robb in days. She couldn't face him without feeling guilty about the secret she was keeping, or being embarrassed because she had finally realised her feelings for him. She was afraid that if she spoke to him, she would reveal that her siblings were alive, which was dangerous for them. She trusted Robb, but she didn't know what he would do with that information.

Her feelings for him had grown the past days. She had never thought about him in any other way than being friends, but now that her brother had mentioned it, she realised that he was right. It would explain why she felt so saddened when he agreed to marry a Frey girl. It would explain why he was the only one who seemed to make her feel better and smile no matter what. She knew she could never act on her feelings though. Not when he was promised to another.

No, it was better to just ignore him. He had noticed her change in behaviour, which she knew. He kept sending her questioning and concerned looks, but she always pretended like she didn't see them. When he confronted her about it, she shrugged him off and told him that she was fine. She wasn't.

She grunted slightly as her sword connected with the sword of one of the soldiers in camp. She needed someone to fight with so she could think about something else, and also get rid of the stress that consumed her mind. The soldier had offered to fight with her, which she was thankful for.

She didn't hold back, instead giving the fight everything she had. She would admit that the boy was a good match. She blocked his blow, which were aimed at her head. When he was distracted, she hit him on his shoulder. The blow didn't appear to hurt him that much. They were both out of breath, but neither wanted to be the one to give up. His movements were getting slower as he was growing tired, which she took advantage of. With one swift motion, she used all of her strenght to knock him on his butt. While he blinked up at her in shock, she held the tip of her sword to his throat.

They both grinned then, before she extended a hand and helped him up. "It was an honor sparring with you, my lady." The soldier brushed dust off his trousers.

Hera gave him a small grin while wiping sweat from her brow. "The pleasure is all mine."

"Hera." Both her and the soldier's attention turned towards the direction of the voice. Robb stood there, his hands clasped together in front of him as he looked at them both. Hera's smile dropped, and the soldier bowed respectfully. "Can I have a word with you?"

Hera sighed and glanced at the soldier, giving him an apologetic look. He gave her a small smile in return, before he scurried off to join some other soldiers who were talking with each other. She glanced back at Robb and forced a smile on her face. "Of course, your grace."