EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - HER JUSTICE

[Warning: Contains violence, blood and swearing.]

The cold air around her was filled with laughter and songs. Hera was currently sitting with some of the Stark men on a couple of logs, an ale in her hand as she listened to them sing a song. She lifted the cup to her lips and took a small sip of the liquid. The men around her clapped their hands in a rythm as one of them sang the song. His voice was very nice, and it had a certain sound to it that made it seem more unique. She smiled slightly as she listened to the lyrics.

"The Dornishman's taken my life
But what does it matter?"

"Hera! You should join!" the youngest man present exclaimed as he thumped his feet to the rythm of the song.

Hera shook her head with a small smile playing on her lips. "I'm not a good singer."

"For all men must die
And I've tasted the Dornishman's wife, I have
I've tasted the Dornishman's wife."

She drank the rest of her ale just as the song finished, grinning with the rest of the men. "You have a great voice," she complimented the singer, whose smile grew.

"Thank you, my lady."

She smiled back at him, before she stood up. She bid them goodbye, before she walked in the direction of the horses. She wanted to go for a ride to clear her head, but it seemed like fate had other plans for her. "Hera! Where are you going?" She turned around at the sound of Robb's voice, her green eyes settling upon his face. Her mood instantly grew more somber, as she did not wish to speak to him. But, he was her king and she couldn't ignore him.

"I'm just going for a ride, your grace." He frowned at her courtesies, and reminded her that she didn't need to call him that when no one was around.

"You shouldn't go for a ride alone," Robb told her. "The kingsroad is a dangerous place for a woman alone."

She scoffed, which caused him to furrow his eyebrows. "Excuse me, but I can take care of myself." Her voice was sharp. and there was no warmth left in it. She hated how everyone seemed to underestimate her. She hated how she was seen as weak just because she was a woman. At her answer, Robb grew more confused.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Hera answered without hesitation. She sighed softly as she realised how rude she was being. "May I leave?" Her body practically ached to go for a ride, and to get some time alone. Robb, upon realising that she wanted to be left alone, reluctantly nodded his head.