NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN - BUTTERFLIES

By the time Hera was back at camp, it had gotten dark outside. She was thankful for that, because that made the blood on her clothes and the wounds less visible. However, when she was dismounting her horse, a sharp pain shot through her arm, and she winced. She touched her arm, and gasped as pain exploded through it.

"Damn it," she muttered as she squeezed her eyes shut and clenched her jaw. That bastard must have broken her arm. Taking a deep breath, she slid off the horse, cursing to take her mind off the pain. When she was back on the ground, she let out a shaky breath and closed her eyes. She bound the horse to a tree where the other horses stood. Whenever she moved her arm, she winced. She needed to get someone to look at it.

As she walked through the camp towards her tent, she must have walked like she was in pain, because people were looking at her with worried eyes. They had surely spotted the blood and her wounds by now, so it was no wonder that they were looking at her like that.

"Hera!" She looked to the side, and sighed when she saw Robb running towards her. He looked panicked and like he had seen something horrible. She stopped walking and looked at him questionably. He stopped in front of her, his hands automatically going to her face. He gently held her face in his hands as his blue eyes searched her face in worry. His eyes hardened when he saw her wounded lip and the blood at her throat. He sighed and lightly caressed her cheeks with his thumbs. He looked like he wanted to say something, but when Hera gave him a look, he understood that she wanted to speak in private.

He helped her walk towards his tent, looking at her in worry whenever she flinched. As they got inside, he helped her sit down on his bed, then he went to fetch some water and a cloth. Hera barely had time to think before he returned, a bucket of water and a cloth in his hand. He sat down beside her on the bed, placing the bucket in front of them.

He carefully cleaned the blood off her throat, his jaw clenching as he looked at the wound. His ice blue eyes focused on her face, looking at her somberly. "Who did this to you?" He still wiped away the blood when he asked her the question, waiting for her to answer.

"Three men," she answered lowly, her eyes casted to the ground. She swallowed down the lump in her throat. "I don't know their names."

She could see anger appear in Robb's eyes, and he clenched his fists. "Damn them," he muttered. "What did they look like? Tell me, and I'll go out there right now, find them and kill them."

She shook her head, which caused a lock of her chestnut hair to fall into her eyes. Robb softly brushed it away. "Don't bother," she said, which caused him to look at her in confusion. "I already killed them."