TEN

CHAPTER TEN - THE BANNERMEN

Hera sat at a table in the great hall, her hands holding a piece of bread which she ate as she listened to Robb and Theon talk. She chewed, keeping her eyes on the table. Her mind was occupied with thoughts about what she did yesterday. She killed a man, and she couldn't help but wonder why it was so easy for her to do it. Sure, she had killed a man before, but those kinds of things aren't something you just do without blinking.

Robb kept looking at her, as if waiting for her to speak, but she didn't. She knew that he wanted to speak to her after the incident yesterday, but she had avoided his company. She didn't want him to question her about why she took it so lightly.

Theon grunted out a laugh as he nearly spit his porridge out of his mouth. He covered his mouth as he laughed, causing Hera to finally look up with an eyebrow raised. She lightly shook her head at his way of eating.

"So yesterday was quite eventful" Theon stated while trying to start a new conversation, trying to bring Hera into it. When no one spoke, he decided to speak again, this time looking at Hera. "I didn't know you had it in you."

Hera looked up at him, shooting daggers at him. She opened her mouth to snap at him, but was interrupted when Maester Luwin came walking into the room. As he approached the table, she brought the bread back up to her lips and took a bite.

Maester Luwin had a sorrowful look on his face as he handed Robb a letter. Robb stood up as he opened the letter, his eyes narrowing into slits as his eyes scanned the words which were written. Hera and Theon had both stopped eating, and were looking at him curiously.

When Robb had finished reading, he looked at Maester Luwin, disbelief written all over his face. "Treason?" he exclaimed in question. "Sansa wrote this?" That caused Hera's eyebrows to furrow in confusion. Her hands yearned to grab the letter and read the words for herself.

Maester Luwin nodded. "It is your sister's hand, but the queens words." Hera always had the suspicion that the queen was manipulative. Now that was confirmed. Hopefully Sansa didn't let herself be manipulated by the queen anymore after this.

"You're summoned to King's Landing to swear fealty to the new king" Maester Luwin voiced, causing Robb's eyes to turn hard. Hera knew he would never swear fealty to the king after what he had done to his family.

"Joffrey puts my father in chains, and now he wants his ass kissed?" Robb had venom in his voice, not that Hera blamed him.

"This is a royal command by Lord, if you shall refuse to obey..." Maester Luwin didn't get to finish as Robb interrupted him.

"I won't refuse" Robb spoke as he read over the letter again. "His grace summons me to King's Landing, I'll go to King's Landing." Hera felt dissapointed in his words. She had hoped that he would be smart and not swear fealty to a ignorant boy who happened to be king. She didn't know what she hoped he would do to be honest, but it was certainly not that.