TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - THE GHOSTS IN HARRENHAL

The last couple of weeks had been wonderful. Hera felt truly happy, because she had married the love of her life. But still, there was this small voice in the back of her head that kept reminding her that what they did was wrong. Still, whenever she was with Robb, the guilt dissapeared.

Hera had felt quite ill the past week, and she didn't know why. Her head would hurt and she would constantly be tired, which wasn't like her at all. Beside all this, she also threw up a lot. Even Robb was worried, for he had noticed her illness. She was tired of not knowing why she was so ill, and decided to seek the help from a maester.

She entered Maester Edgarth's tent and he kindly welcomed her. "Have a seat," the old man told her, gesturing to the small stool in front of his work table. Hera slowly sat down, fiddling with her fingers in uneasiness. "How are you, your grace?" Hera was still not used to being called your grace, and she wasn't sure if she ever would be.

She cleared her throat awkwardly. "That's why I'm here," she told the man. "I've been feeling quite unwell for some time now."

Maester Edgarth hummed, nodding his head slowly. "What do you mean when you say that you've been unwell?"

She sighed. "I've had headaches and I've been throwing up, and I'm constantly tired."

"And this has been going on for a long time?" Hera nodded her head, causing him to hum again. "If I may ask, when was the last time you had your moonblood?"

Hera furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't know..." She suddenly gasped, realisation dawning upon her. "You don't think..."

The old man smiled, nodding his head. "I believe you are with child, your grace."

Hera covered her mouth in shock, feeling tears threatning to spill from her eyes. It wasn't tears of sadness, no, it was from happiness. Her heart swelled in joy, and she couldn't help the sob that rose from the back of her throat. "Oh my gods," she mumbled, and a grin spread out across her face. She had always wanted children, and even though she was still young, she knew it was something she wanted.

"Congratulations," Maester Edgarth said, laughing softly.

Hera quieted down and she pinched herself to be sure that she was awake. She was. "Can I ask you for a favor?" Hera softly asked the man, who nodded in answer. "Can you keep this between us until I've told Robb?"

"Of course, your grace."

When she left the tent, she smiled so big that people surely thought she had gone mad, but she did not care. The only thing on her mind right now was to find Robb and tell him the news.