Chapter 20

"I'm here! I'm here!" Leaning over on his knees from running, Adrian pants next to his friend. Swallowing to lubricate his throat he asks "Where is he?" and stands up to look.

"Right there." Pointing to Luke sitting in a cab with a girl resting on his shoulder as he talks to the driver.

Turning around not wanting to see this anymore they continue talking. "And to think he was doing so well too."

"I can't believe it. He-" *ding*

Guys update!-Donny

Sighing they turn around expecting to see the cab driving off to god knows where, which they do.

"What the-"

"Fuck?"

...

Getting out of the other side of the paid cab after propping the girl up against the window, Luke taps the top letting the driver know to take her to the address she told him.

Rolling his neck and shoulders he makes his way back to his friends, ready to drag them off back home.

"What the-"

"Fuck?"

Looking up Lukes eyes widen seeing Adrian and Derek at the base of the stairs to the party.

"Hey! Guys, didn't expect to see you here. What's up?" Seeing them look back and forth between him and the disappearing cab behind him and back again he waves it off. "Oh that? Yeah she was drunk out of her mind. Friends probably ditched her and I doubt anybody else would help her, so I sent her home in a cab." Shrugging like it was no big deal he looks back to them. "It's so weird tonight. The girls seem extra determined. *sigh* Maybe it's just me, I don't come to these often. They could always be like this. Well i'm gunna find my friends and head home, you guys have a good night."

Walking back into the house he doesn't see the flabbergasted looks on their faces. Or when they text False alarm. Luke is approved.