Chapter 44

Wearing matching sparkly jackets and neon socks, Luke and Aria begin their first dance of the fourth round to the dance competition.

Dancing a Cha Cha to Michael Jackson's 'Love Never Felt So Good' they finish off with a hat toss, heading off stage for the next couple to set up.

...

Sitting in a golden throne, Aria has Luke on her right with Adrian on her left. Descending the steps with the boys a few steps behind her, they switch sides allowing Luke to spin her into his arms before she goes to Adrian.

Skillfully Aria alternated between dancing Salsa with one, the other, or both men.

Doing a conga line version of the wave, they end the dance sending Aria sliding through Adrian's legs to Luke and heading back up to the raised stage, back to their respective spots from when they started.

...

Dressed in a lace unitard, Aria makes her way towards Luke who waves the rest of her outfit above his head like a matador with a cape.

Coming up behind her he wraps it around her waist only to take it off in a show game of tug of war for it. Spinning into it, Aria secures the belt to her skirt and cartwheels over his back.

Continuing to work the floor with their Paso Doble, they end the dance with her ascending the stairs and turning around on the final note.

...

"You ready for this?" Asks Aria as they wait to do their last dance of the night. Lukes dedication dance.

Taking in a deep cleansing breath, he lets it out as he nods. "Yeah I'm ready. I need the closure. I can't thank you enough for letting me take the lead on this one."

"Hey, this is your dance. I only want what will help you. It would of been wrong of me to control it when you knew what you needed." Seeing a stage hand coming to tell them they are ready, she grabs Lukes hand. "Let's show em, huh?"

Dancing contemporary across the floor with soft fluid movements they capture peoples hearts. Even though the crowd doesn't know the true meaning behind this dance they still feel touched on a personal level remembering a hard time they went through. Some even going through one right now. But to see this dance, to feel it in their soul, it gives a reassuring hope that someday, maybe not today, but someday, everything will work out. They will find their light at the end of the tunnel and it will be brighter than it ever was before.

...

"All I can say is 'wow'. I have seen many dances over the years for this competition and they just keep getting better and better. I wish I could open my own school and accept all of you but sadly that's not an option." Everyone chuckles at the MC's attempt at a joke while still feeling tense about who can go on.

"Now as you all know out of the 50 of you couples left competing only 10 will go on this time. I know, we're getting so close to the end. To think this started with well over 3000 couples is quite a shock. Even if you don't make it, consider yourself lucky to have made it this far and remember...there is always next year to try again."

Letting a silence wash over the people to let what he said sink in in hopes that someone won't throw a fit, the MC proceeds.

"Alright 10 Couples get to continue. Let's see if we have any here...." Reminding people that there is another location in the northern part of Nevada still open for people to compete in.

Slowly in the deafening silence 6 ringtones go off.

One of them being Arias phone. Not wanting to rub their victory in the other peoples faces, Aria checks that it is from the competition before setting it face down in her lap to read later.

Placing a finger to his ear, the MC nods to himself before addressing those who are going to proceed. "Congratulations to those who made it. You now have six weeks to make five dances. Only half of you will proceed, so make sure to bring your A-Game March 4th. See you then."