Chapter 22

After Gemma, Cece and Derek take their turns Aira drags Luke away from his slice of pizza.

"You are singing with me mister"

"Do I at least get a warning as to what it is?" asks Luke.

"Nope" Popping the P "But i'm sure you'll like it."

"Is it another High School Musical Song?" Accepting the mic placed in his hand.

"Yes it is. You can never go wrong with a HSM song."

*Aria normal, Luke italicized, both bold*

"Take my hand. Take a breath, pull me close and take one step. Keep your eyes, locked on mine. And let the music be your guide." Pulling him towards her, they place down their mics and proceed to dance just like Gabriella and Zack did in the rooftop garden, completely forgetting about their friends watching.

"Won't you promise me now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget we'll keep dancing to keep dancing wherever we go next"

Lifting Aria as he spins, Luke makes sure not to hit her head on the ceiling. They use the couch as the concrete planter they sit on.

"Can I have this Dance? Ooohh No mountains to high enough and oceans too wide. Cause together or not, our dance won't stop"

To attuned to each other they never noticed their friends had at some point got their phones out and were videotaping them.

Using the wooden coffee table as the circular vent "It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do. And with every step together, we just keep on getting better. So can I have this dance can I have this dance can I have this dance? Can I have this dance? Can I have this dance?"

Staring into each others eyes the moment gets ruined when Gemma loudly says "Well... That was something"

Stepping away from each other to pretend to be busy, Luke his pizza, Aria something in the kitchen. Clearing his throat cause they are still looking at him he says "Who's next?" to try and get the focus off of what just happened.

Saving him from the stares as Aria comes back, Cece pick up the mic to sing her song.

Donny, Ardian, Derek and Gemma all lean into each other. "This is so going to be played at their wedding." Stated Donny. Everyone nods in agreement.

...

After some time Luke and Aria number was forgotten as the night proceeded. Singing just the songs turned to watching the movies, then to a campfire with smores out back.

Derek brought out Donny's acoustic guitar a while ago and kept strumming a tune that was stuck in his head that nobody could figure out.

"Chocolate?" asks Aria sitting down next to Luke.

"Thanks." Picking up a square and passing the plate off to the next person, Luke continues to listen to Derek playing.

Finishing his s'more he looks around the campfire and a lightbulb goes off in his head.

*Luke normal Aira italicized both bold Underlined is Derek Bold underline Aria and Derek*

"So let's sing Na, na na na na, hey, ya" everyone looks towards Luke and their eyes light up in recognition as well "Come on and sing na, na na na na, hey, ya. This is our song, that's all that matters cause we all belong, right here together. There's nothing better, than singing along. This is our summer, this is our song" Derek starts strumming faster and sings his part.

"Come grab your guitar, sit by the fire. Cause we all need a song, when we're weary and tired." Cece pulls out the tambourine from their music prop box they have.

"We'll sit here, together and sing it out loud sing it out loud"

Everyone is pitching in and singing now "This is our song, that's all that matters, cause we all belong right here together. There's nothing better than singing along. This is our summer, And this is our song, this is our song, this is our song, this is our song."