Chapter 27

Sitting in his last class of the day, Luke can't wait till the clock hits 6 o'clock so he can hightail it out of there and get ready for his date with Aria. Agreeing to go out the thursday after the bet was made since they practice during the morning, and she had whole day off, the only thing stopping him was this damn class that just won't seem to end.

"Dude, you alright?" asks a concerned Jack "You've been tapping your foot and looking at the clock for the past half hour like it's gunna make time go faster."

"Yeah, you got a hot date?" Taunts Tim goodnaturedly.

Turning to his friends Luke smirks and says "As a matter of fact I do" laughing quietly at their stunned faces.

"Woah woah, hold up. A date?! When did this happen. Spill" Orders Ace, now fully interested.

"Are you sure your guys? You're all acting like a bunch of middle school girls looking for gossip." muses Luke. Seeing their faces saying 'don't even, you know how big this is' he caves.

"Fine, it's more like I won a bet for it to even happen" Raising a brow each as to say 'give us more than that'

"She wanted an answer to a question and I told her I would tell her if we went out on a date. Of course Aria being Aria said only if we got in the top third percentile of the da- uh thing we are doing."

"Aria huh? About damn time you got some progress there. We were starting to wonder if you changed teams to have done nothing with her after who knows how long. So I'm assuming since you're in such a hurry to leave you did in the top third of... whatever it is you still won't tell us your doing."

"Hell yeah" Grins Luke.

"Well hop to it, class ended 5 minutes ago" Says Ace packing up his things. Shocked that he lost precious time, Luke sees that class is indeed over and they are the only ones left. Bolting up out of his seat, he heads straight towards his car to get ready for his date in an hour.

...

Pacing back and forth in front of the tv in the living room Aria questions why she ever agreed to this date.

"Dear God woman! Sit your ass down, I'm trying to watch something here." complains Donny.

"Sorry I'm just nervous. It's been awhile since I have been on a date. He blends so well with the Clan I just don't want it to end badly and ruin our friendship."

"Girl anyone can see he has the hots for you, and let's not forget the feelings are mutual on your part. Don't give me that look, we are all suffocating in the sexual tension between you two. Do you know how much money we have all lost by now? Two months and you guys have yet to kiss let alone get down and dirty. Especially when you were checking his ass out the first week of school."

Blushing at her friends words she tries to come up with a defense. "There is not sexual tension, I have no idea what you are talking about." Lying straight through her teeth, knowing damn well he has starred in a few wet dreams here and there. Not that she is ever going to tell anyone that. "And what are you talking about, we didn't meet till the second week of school."

Looking her over to see if she was serious, he concludes she doesn't remember. "Last day of the first week. I borrowed your truck for groceries and pulled up late seeing you checking his ass out."

"What makes you think it was him? You couldn't even see his face from where we were." Feeling as if she won, Aria smiles in triumph till Donny tells her "I recognised the faces of who you were checking outs friends as the ones Luke showed us on Halloween. It's safe to say you were already interested before any of this happened. So calm your tits cause I just heard his car pull up."

Feeling the color run out of her face she shoots a panicked look to her roommate "Answer it for me" she whispers out while trying to run away.

Giving her a deadpanned look he asks "How? I'm currently handicapped on this couch. It's would take me 10 minutes to get to the door on my own. Man up and go on your date. Make sure to tell me all the juicy details later."

Hearing a firm knock on the front door, Aria takes a deep calming breath and adjusts her knee length dress before opening the door to a fidgety Luke. Seeing he is nervous too helps calm down her racing heart.

"Hey" Smiling softly she takes in his dark wash jeans and grey form fitting t-shirt. Definitely having a wet dream tonight

"Hi, you look great. This is for you" Handing her a single rose, she brings it to her nose to smell.

"Thanks, it's beautiful. Should we head out?" Placing it in the flower vase by the door, she picks up her purse and follows him to his car where he opens the door for her.

Coming around his side and starting the car they head off.