Erwin x Pregnant!Reader x Levi [10]

W A R N I N G:

This particular chapter has HEAVY SPOILERS!!

If you haven't read the manga, please feel free to skip this.

You have been warned.

Let me be the one

*This is kinda emotional so I suggest that you listen to Vogel im Kafig to make it extra emotional*

[Name]'s POV

"No, you are to stay here until the Survey Corps has returned. That is an order." Erwin said with a straight face, but I can feel his worry.

"I can't do that! I can't just stay here and wait for all of you to come back!" I trembled with every word that I spitted out. I have to go with them!

"You must. I repeat, it is an order." He repeated, but this time, it was softer and his worry was much more evident.

I shook my head and closed my eyes. Tears have fallen freely.

"I cannot let you and my child be in danger." He leaned closer, touching my shoulder with one hand, since he has lost his other one. He usually doesn't want to display his feelings. He doesn't like exposing his soft side because the people he lead might respect him less if he do so. But this time, he didn't care.

"Erwin.." This time, I opened my eyes and stared at his now watery blue orbs.

"Please.. do it for me."

He left the room and I was left with the veterans, the Captain, and the squad leaders.

Captain Levi stared at me. At the moment, I can feel that he doesn't treat me as a Lieutenant, but a mere woman bearing a child.. he probably thinks that I am a liability.

Every person in the room (including Hanji but excluding Levi) stared at me with pity.

This expedition is a big one and I couldn't bear to think that I will not be a part of it because I believe that I can make a difference.

But Erwin forbids me to join it. I should be, I swore my heart for the sake of humanity!

Although I do understand him. He loves me and I don't want our child to be in danger, so maybe I'll consider staying..

---

"Forward!" I watched them gallop away. A tear escaped my eye and I didn't bother to wipe it off.

"Ma'am, you should not worry too much." A girl told me. I recognized her, she's often seen with Commander Pixis.

"How can I do that? Let's not lie about this. They're in grave danger and I couldn't just sit back and relax here." I cried even more. I know that stressing over things is bad for the baby, but I couldn't help it!

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant [Name]. I must leave you alone." She bowed her head and left the room immediately.

I sighed. This is going to be a very long day.

---

Hours have passed and they're still out there, selling off their precious lives to those beasts.

I was under the supervision of Commander Pixis, but I badly want to sneak out, so I did.. through the window. They were not good with guarding, how can they possibly guard the walls if they couldn't even guard a pregnant woman escaping through a window?