No strings attached | Levi x Reader

(A/N; HELLO I AM BACK! Idk if I'll be as active as before because I'm too busy with college and all!! How are all of you doing? Have you guys watched Episode 1 of Season 3? If you haven't, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? Plus what are your opinions about the new opening song? Tbh, I got a little emotional because it isn't Linked Horizon anymore!!)

I'm capable of it after all

"Please, (Y/N). You have to do this in order to hopefully renounce the King's decision to disband the Survey Corps." Erwin's voice filled the small room, even though his voice was as soft as a feather. He didn't want anyone else other than a few selected veterans to know their plans.

"Do I really have to? Is this the only way? I doubt it would work. I am definitely not attractive enough for this job. This is not what I signed up for!" You sighed for the nth time, biting your lips despite it being chapped. Erwin seemed to lose a little hope, but it didn't make him give up. 'Giving up' is nonexistent in Erwin's vocabulary.

"We've heard it from the people, (Y/N). The prince has this thing for you. And please, do not doubt yourself. You are the perfect woman for this. Please? Without the Survey Corps, humanity will be at loss." The oh-so-brave and emotionless Commander, seems to be out of character at the moment. It's as if there were invisible tears coming right out of his eyes. You, on the other hand is slowly giving in to the Commander's request, even though you think that it is such a pathetic move. But without the Survey Corps, your life wouldn't be useful.

"Is there something holding you back?" Erwin took your hand, gently squeezing it. This didn't make you feel uncomfortable, since he's been a good friend and almost like a brother to you.

"Is it a man, perhaps?" He added. You shifted uncomfortably, but still holding onto Erwin's hand. The thought of a man owning your heart felt as if it was a problem at hand, but you couldn't figure out if it was the case. Certainly it isn't, right? Since there's no man in particular that captured my heart, you thought.

"N-no? I don't know." Your gaze averted away from Erwin's eyes, making the air feel less uncomfortable.

"I feel that there is a man, or perhaps a woman, but you haven't realized it yourself. But please, think about this role." Erwin finally let go of your hand reluctantly, stepping out of your room. You sighed and closed your eyes slowly, letting yourself fall onto the bed that was just made.

"Am I actually going to do this? Seducing the Prince in order to save the Corps? This is ridiculous... but I'm afraid it's the only way.." You thought to yourself. You were sure that you would do this role, but cannot point out what exactly is holding you back.

(Y/N)'s POV

"You look marvelous!" A woman named Nina—who works as a Makeup Artist based on Wall Sina said, while brushing off the excess powder on my cheek. With a swift move, she removed the cloth that was tied to my neck.

"You're all set. Have fun, milady." She bowed her head and all I did was nod. Was I really going to have fun doing this? I doubt so. But I could at least pretend to be, for the sake of the Survey Corps.

I left the room, and a carriage was waiting for me outside the headquarters. The soldiers passing by were undoubtedly staring at me, but I tried my very best to ignore them. I'm already nervous as it is, and I can't let their stares and judgement make it even worse. I looked down and stared at the outfit I'm wearing. This isn't me; The life I'm about to enter is not what I have envisioned myself to be.

"You look stunning as usual, (Y/N)." With a smirk plastered on his face, which he rarely shows, he set his arms around my shoulders. I returned the smirk but only for a split second. With this, he sighed.